Suggestion: steep and shallow chisels

Best i found was this, but seems like he is focusing more on combination of chisels.

But you get the idea, more chisels mean more work lol.

Who knows we may get a new chisels eventually? We got the fence like boon which o forgot it’s name lol

1 Like

Yeah that sounds like a different issue. Let’s see what the great @lucadeltodecso says!

10 Likes

@DKPuncherello
I know I like to see these block shapes to
But I think it ain’t gonna happen soon;
… way to much extra block shapes and block data to handle.
Great idea though :grinning::+1:

1 Like

You’re like a magician! When someone asks for a specific shape or item, “Poof” you’ve made it appear out of nowhere less than a few seconds of reading later! Always an amazing job @Dulki!!!

5 Likes

@DKPuncherello
I assume you want it to be fully rotatable

Then you need 48 new shapes

Can you imagine what is needed if you also want the matching corner pieces …

I think @james certainly doesn’t want to know that … :sunglasses:
It would be fun for us to build with these blocks :boundless:

11 Likes

I’ll admit, miss this sort of thing from space engineers

2 Likes

How about a point to point chisel then…? Where the slope is defined by the beginning point and the end point…?

2 Likes

Bumpy bump

That’s probably impossible :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a bit more basic than a voxel unit but wouldn’t play nice with a voxel world.

1 Like

That’s for sure, you could slope blocks from bottom and top at the same time!

1 Like

Just wanted to resurrect this thread, since I just watched a Hytale video and Hytale has these slopes

They look amaaaaaaazing for roofs and ramps

2 Likes

Oh boy …
… that would be really nice :+1: :+1:

We asked for them many times
May be one day, who knows :wink:

1 Like

While I’d love these shapes (they’re definitely the one that I most notice we don’t have while building), I’m not sure how they could be accomplished with chiselling as it currently works.

The existing chiselled blocks can only be one thing, based which corners are chiselled and which chisel is used. (I’m not sure exactly how the lattice chisels work, but I’m assuming the fact that they only have 6 ‘legs’ instead of 8 corners allows for the space to store thickness data).

I think if we wanted something like this, we’d need to be able to show how chiselling specific corners results in specific shapes.

See first post :blush:

True but it doesn’t work like the current chisels do.

There’s only difference between the shallow black box and steep red box is rotation, not shape. That just feels weird and unintuitive, and given past conversations about potential new chisels, I don’t see them going for it (Not that I’d mind at all if they did).

Also, if different chisels can result in the different rotations of the same shape, it does kind of rule out any kind of rotating chisel, because that would confuse everything.

People want rotation chisel to rotate the textures only fyi

1 Like

Possibly… but what people want and what they’ll get are not necessarily the same thing.

the more shapes the better. I too often miss these slopes from other games.

4 Likes