Suggestion: use the PS4 controller light bar

Lots of games use the light bar in cool ways - blink purple when low food, change color to reflect equipped gleam and torches, turn red when you die etc. I’d love to see this implemented in game, I imagine the API is pretty simple. It looks especially cool when it reflects equipped in game flashlights etc, since it illuminates your legs and a dark room and adds to immersion.

Using the controller speaker would be sweet too, but I imagine this is harder.

Throw us poor PS4 players a bone! @samf @lucadeltodecso

1 Like

I like how borderlands does it with element types dependent on what you are holding.

1 Like

Might wanna wait until more details are known about the PS5 controller, rumours are that it won’t have a lightbar…

Or GTA V when being chased by the police! Flashes red, then blue with audio from the speakers :smiley:

Why would that really matter? Ps5 won’t really matter for this game for quite a while.

Also the patent with the back buttons has a light bar.

1 Like

Yeah but patents don’t always translate into released products. But only a month longer, or perhaps we might get some hints on Monday at the CES already. At least I’m expecting we will hear the exact date and time of the PS5 introduction press conference on Monday (should be in February…)

Well, I don’t know about you, but since the PS5 is going to be fully backwards compatible with the PS4 I will be switching over ASAP and use my current PS4 Pro to get a discount!

1 Like

I play with psvr 24/7 can boundless be in VR instead it’s so pretty in 3D

1 Like

Pretty impossible, maybe on a very low detail scale. VR processes two images at once, where one is sligthly moved on the x-axis of your view, also you need a kind of bubble or fisheye over the single images to make it look 3D. Considering all this it is very unlikely it would look good on PSVR
(PS 4 is too weak).
On PC no problem ofc since you have “infinite” cpu/gpu power~

1 Like

But it already looks so good on psvr I don’t have a tv or monitor to compare but but but but ok the chat a lil choppy but I been playing with VR headset since release on ps4 lol explains why I afk alot laying down playing lol

^^ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎

1 Like

One use perhaps - reflect the atmosphere type on hazardous worlds?

1 Like