Suggestions to fix constant plot arguments about griefing

Sorry, I just feel rude mentioning peoples names and them not knowing!

I don’t blame you, me too heh… anyone other than a dev I would too.

1 Like

While I agree this could be disappointing it might also be totally brilliant. Imagine waking up to a city around you, or nomadic settlement/beacon owners who travel planet to planet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a bit of a double edged sword I guess. I suppose most people would build a place on a starter planet because it would be so much quicker and easier and then just plop it down on a higher tier planet when they’re ready.

2 Likes

Just imagine the takeovers when someone ‘moves in’ with 5m prestige heh.

3 Likes

Heh, I was so filled with shame by my early “builds” that I happily abandoned them. :smiley:

1 Like

A universe reset would fix all these plot arguments!

A serious suggestion is to maybe have the ability to clone a beacon and it’s contents. Then move it to a new area that has room to fit all of the plotted areas. Once you start the cloning process, it would work like world regeneration does moving all the blocks and items to the new location (disabling all portals obviously) and then a 30 day clone time starts before you can actively move that beacon again. This would probably make griefing with plots a lot bigger of an issue. So never mind

Very much this.

3 Likes

This is a good and constructive suggestion.

I oppose any further layer of restriction. It’s just getting too complex.

I think we need to find a more user friendly solution.

here is my suggestion. I think we should add a new item: The temporary signpost. This is a sign (and post) that is not affected by regen but only has a life span of a few days. The sign could say many things, but the primary use is to indicate plots you would like to expand to but don’t have the current plots for.

It would NOT prevent anyone from plotting that space, but it WOULD give very precise direction for your intentions and make griefing complaints easier to track down.

Maybe limit the number of them you can place per account (not alt). But Devs would also easily be able to see if the “claimant” was being ridiculous in what he/she is trying to claim.

Better communication is the key.

I repeat, please, no more systems around this. The guild system made things far too complex as it is.

Just my two coin.

1 Like

I know what you mean lol, mine was a little wooden shack :joy: … I just meant it would be easier building something in general on a T1 world because of no interruptions from mobs, environmental protection and blocks are easier to break etc then transferring it to a higher tier world after. … and the grieffing potential could be phenomenal as Munkeylord just mentioned… copy and paste all over the place :rofl:

1 Like

Oh yes of course, I see now. Thank you! Yes, I think that’s likely.

1 Like

A nomad community would be so cool!!! @schasm

2 Likes

The only one even remotely reasonable is the house movers option. Based on what one of the devs said earlier today, it seems that blueprints are going to be a thing and that pretty much solves this problem.

EDIT:
Actually after reading what other people said about being able to move an entire gleam tower next to your build with a “packed-up-house”, it is going to make griefing even easier.

I retract my vote, and I vote for none of these options.

2 Likes

Blueprint does not imply moving blocks. A real blueprint is a plan and nothing else. If you want to make copies of your build or have a group help build walls or something a three dimensional plan would be great. I am very much against actually picking up your build and moving it. That allows for building on a tier one and moving it to a tier 6. You do it a lot easier and might even get additional prestige for all the foreign blocks. Also I think it makes griefing a lot easier.

1 Like

House movers sounds fun. I also just save plots until I have the entire area. Never had this issue.

What is the blueprints idea?

The biggest problem when you’re new and start out is You dont have the plots to expand right away. So lets say you’re new you land on new planet near hub. You might say well thats a good place to put down roots but then someone who has 100s of plots kinda fences you in. Your choice is to tear down and move or maybe talk with the individual to work out something and if that doesnt work most these folks will just quit because theres plenty of games out there without that kinda hassle.

The next biggest problem is lets say you got plenty of plots to lay down at a new hub. You want a nice spot but you also dont want to be the guy that uses hundreds of plots and roads everyone in. So you grab a few with what you think might be a place near like water or a cliff that you think will not be considered prime so you get the chance to expand later as an option then few hours later YOU’re roaded in and theres a huge gully around you. You’re rightfully upset yet all you get is “Well you shoulda plotted more if you needed it.” So the lesson becomes “go head and be that guy that lays down hundreds of plots and roads folks in.” it seems your between a rock and a hard place whichever choice you make. Therein lies the problem as I see it.

2 Likes

There’s only one instance where I really think it will be very nice to have:
moving to a rented planet…

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)