Support blocks for building in the air

Ok so I’ve been building a lot lately and I’ve been facing the problem of using patterned blocks in the air.

Some times the only way to make them align with each other is placing them directly on the block below, but since I’m building in the sky there is no block below, then I need to place a temporary support layer first and remove it when it’s finished.

Now why a new block for this?

Well imagine you place 100 support blocks in a straight line, instead of breaking each one of them you just break one and all the others are removed instantly!

7 Likes

Is this similar to scaffolding? I’ve wanted scaffolding for a long time. I like the one hit removable idea for the temp structure.

1 Like

I don’t know how scaffolding works lol.

But yeah the principal idea is to be able to remove it quickly, maybe not in one hit to avoid accidental breaks

1 Like
1 Like

@Cuetzpalomitl
Or maybe we just want F (fly mode) for building within our beacons :grinning:
That would help a lot too :+1:

1 Like

Oh I never thought of that!
I like that idea too :100:

Yeah but won’t solve the problem of placing blocks on air lol

So like this?

You still hace to place scaffolding

1 Like

Press F to pay resp-… owh. Well, ok then.

Other games just enable fly-mode by double-jumping.

2 Likes

I like the idea of scaffolding. I’ve really wanted it because it will show what people are working on to others. If you see scaffolding in one part or the other of a build then you know what is being built.

Fly mode wouldn’t fit in with the main universe. But I think scaffolding would.

4 Likes

Yeah it would be cool for roleplay I agree. Seeing scaffolding where people are building or remodeling would be awesome!

3 Likes

Now I know what the scaffolding is so yes but without the bomb and the easy as a totem to craft.

I was thinking about sticks, leaves and maybe glue but as long as we don’t need rift or some impossible to get item I think it’s fine lol.

But I think @Buugi idea is better but I’m not sure if it would work without becoming annoying at some point.

1 Like

something like this please

3 Likes

Honestly, I just put down a base layer and then build on top of it. That way if I accidentally knock a hole in the floor, I don’t immediately fall through.

I’m guessing you’ve never built a building 5-10 plots tall hehe

I’ve been building in the air, wish I had a batman style tool belt with a grapple so my hands were free

5 Likes

One of my earliest builds was a tower 2Lx2Wx8H plots built completely out of stones and basic glass windows. It was fun, but scary because at the time my fear of heights affected me even in game.

2 Likes

I’d love scaffolding as easy to break block, it would be useful to figure out dimensions and rough sketch of a build before putting down blocks that need more pounding.

Maybe also to be able to instantly replace with another block.

2 Likes