Supreme Toast Guild Discussion

There could be small boats in the river and maybe a bridge.

Maybe? MAYBE??
I corrected it for you!

thats not funnyā€¦

Iā€™m not a fan of yobel on the whole though. the trees are much too large and the random ice biomes feel out of place. Sorry to be the hater, but thatā€™s my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey everyone,

there is still some time till the new update is released. I really canā€™t wait till it comes and I guess some of you too, so we can finally start building the village. To fill the time with something interesting regarding the supreme toast base, i was thinking if it could be interesting to also set some rules of design for private houses inside the village.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I really donā€™t want to suppress any creativityā€¦ but imagine someone having his beacon area next to yours and filling his area with cube, completely filling his area with 200 blocks hightā€¦ Either you build even higher, or your view from your beacon area will be pretty limitedā€¦ Can you follow me?
So we could say, a building of a private person may be maximum X blocks high. And beacon areas may just be A x B blocks big.

I give an example of what I imagine:

• non-public buildings may be up to 30 blocks high
  • beacon area may be 50 x 50 blocks
  • just the colors white, pink, black and blue are allowed

I know, rules are limiting the creativity. But on the other hands it would be nice to see what everyone is developing, even when sticking to this rules. If they are not to strict, creativity and variety of buildings can still be high. I just think, that some limitations make it look more like a village and your donā€™t see a 300 block high skyscraper next do a 20 blocks high castle xD

What do you think of it? ā– ā– ā– ā–  or worth to discuss?

3 Likes

Iā€™m a fan of having some constraints on the builds. We tend to have more interesting designs when we add a bit of challenge like that. (The house competition was a good example)

2 Likes

I second that^^

Iā€™ve wrote some stuff up too :smiley:. Iā€™ll be posting it when the time is right.

In the mean time Iā€™ll keep on exploring around the US East servers during my breaks!

1 Like

I think the ideas here can be very diverse. I still hope we get limitations by ben ;D and that we can maybe add some.

Cool idea.

Iā€™m going to lay out a public area grid (shared permissions) and leave gaps for you guys to place yours.

3 Likes

Consistent public walkways and express yourselves in plots :blush:

4 Likes

If thatā€™s doable in 1.0, kovah project will practically build itself :slight_smile:

Sadly it looks like Kovah wont be around anymore when the game hits 1.0:

great! I imagined something like a walking grid. with places for each persons and public areas where serveral people could work on.

I by the way was wondering if there is a higher intention in this city then just playing with beacons. If you want to test serveral things later inside a village. I mean to test content coming in further updates, you should maybe keep some open space for it too. If we are already trying to create a spot with many players in one place, it is predastinated for testing of further update functions maybe (if you have something in mind what is just an idea yet).

Is it possible to implement a beacon inside a beacon? One beacon that protects people to kill the ā€œgridā€ (in this case walkways) and inside beacons which allow people to build on certain places in it? Iā€™m not very familar with the beacons. Didnā€™t test them yetā€¦

I had meant beacons 1.0, but I think kovah will still exist. The city can be saved and moved to a new location, much like Dalaran.

@ben please tell me that this would be possible for 1,0.

Migrating builds is not something we have planned at the moment. It would be pretty non-trivial. Weā€™ll try keep worlds alive as long as possible, but as soon as we add gen 2 worlds I really donā€™t think people will care about gen 1 anymore.

3 Likes

Quick question, will you remove infinite blocks once gen 2 worlds are out?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the plan.

3 Likes

3 Likes