Swimming & Water Based Tools

Are there plans in the works for water based tools to assist with underwater work or water travel? Boats or a water sled would be great! So would an o2 tank so you can do long dives! The new most water world in the test server got me thinking about these!

3 Likes

I would think with the way the technology works. .we might be more successful asking for a brew that lets you breath underwater for a period of time. I am good with this as I would like to build underwater also. . there are also some resources under water and this would make it easier to gather them.

I do think they need to improve the swimming. it is too cumbersome right now to really do anything underwater.

2 Likes

Can has Underwater Dome cities? XD

1 Like

someone built an underwater city. . I am not sure exactly how, and where it was. you might find it in the screenshots thread.

Hopefully they’ll have a lava swimming brew eventually. That’d be awesome too.

1 Like

I like using lava. . but I am ok if that stays deadly :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I’ve asked about water mechanics in the past, and the dev’s seemed to hint at a post 1.0 update to it.

In terms of lava, when you fall into lava, you don’t exactly swim…from my experience it acts more like an air pocket in which you take damage. That said, a lava brew would be really helpful.

1 Like

I was thinking of some of the earlier test worlds that were almost entirely lava or multiple layers of lava or had caves that were nothing but drops into lava… those were level 9 worlds I think though.

Yeah I can see where for exploring a planet like that the brews might become more necessary. Or do the developers want it very dangerous to keep lower level players away? Who know. .

actually they just updated lava a bit, you can swim in it now but it also has a thick orange fog :wink:

2 Likes

OMG RIGHT, the down button practically does not do anything under water. Really have to use grapples to go down fast. But they can get glitchy and slow firing underwater.

I like that “swimming” appears to be “walking” in the water :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

The “C” key is actually how you drop down faster in water, although it doesn’t increase your drop speed by a lot. Grapples intentionally move slower underwater as well, though I do think their range may suffer a bit of a decrease.

I wonder if the character races they showed concept art of would have special abilities like the shark looking oortian would it be able to breath under water and the cat oortian jump higher than others or the wolf and rhino oortian run faster/charge