(None of the items shown are forged. )

Pros Imo:
Large variety of new items :star_struck:
They look great :star2: :heart_eyes:
More things for forgers & crafters to make :hammer_and_wrench:
More combat weapon choices for players :crossed_swords: :blush:
Shields - a more intuitive form of defense for newer players :shield:

Cons Imo:
Glaive should have a bit of a slicing action imo instead of a totem-bonking-action.
VFX and sound FX should be greater?
Cannot dual-wield glaives
Cannot hold up shield while using a weapon

12 Likes

Remind me not to make MajorVex mad… poor wildstocks! :). They do look good. Thanks for the video - I hadn’t had time to go see all of them!

3 Likes

I needed test subjects lol & Thanks :blush: It’s the 1st time I’ve been on the test server in awhile.

I’m imagining the machine spitting out the glaive and we’re just dummies who go “Ah, another weapon” and just keep using it as blunt force, not realizing there is a giant sharp side.

Add in a skill that fixes the animation and triples the damage. “Ooooh, sharp side do gooder damage!”

We probably would :laughing:
I assume they didn’t create a new action for it because it would require new animation/character rigging for it and that would create a delay. I think it will be fine for now :+1:

3 Likes

Great video, they do look awesome - rift is so, so pretty! :smiley:

3 Likes

Forging shields was fairly underwhelming, you can only add 20 degrees to the shield protection angle at lvl 10. Max rank energy saver reduces energy drain on gem shields by around 10% which is nearly useless. The only way to increase armor is with the hard as nails buff, which is also miniscule compared to the block amount. Don’t remember the exact numbers on that one. So there’s very little you can add to the shield’s capabilities even with a max rank forge.

Thank you for the info. I thought the forging flexibility seemed incredibly low too - not sure how that compares to current tools & weapons.

The weapons were a bit better, could feel some difference with a forged weapon vs unforged. Granted this was when the testing first released, I haven’t followed too closely if they have changed the forge stats afterwards.

1 Like