Test servers been down all day? When will they be up again?

I have tried logging into test servers all day, but each time says it is updating, try again later. Is there somewhere we can check if the test servers are up?

2 Likes

maybe they testing new stuff on them :slight_smile:
hopezzz

3 Likes

I haven’t tried using the centraforge yet but want to start learning it, but I dont particularly fancy wasting a ton of ressources learning it all, so would like to use the test servers for this purpose. Guess I’ll just have to wait.

Though it would be nice if there was a maintenance update page that told us if the servers are up or not, instead of having to exit Boundless, enable Beta, then launch test version, only to be told it’s still updating…

1 Like

They’ve been down for more than a day. Been about a week now. They said they’ll be up when more testing needs to be done

1 Like

Apperently test servers are only supposed to be up when new stuff is released

1 Like

That’s sad :frowning: thanks for letting me know so I dont waste more time trying to log in to them. Guess I just have to try and follow that forge guide, probably gonna make a lot of mistakes and waste tons of materials. Guess that’s just how it is.

@Tonezone, He might be able to do some forge teaching for ya.

There’s a few other people that can help out around here too.

I’d recommend using decon resin 3 because you get a good chance of getting your stuff back if you don’t like how it’s turning out.

It’s been down since the last update more or less. Few posts have been made on it.
@rossstephens more or less said they’re happy we’re excited to test but there’s nothing to test atm (that’s impending live release)

It appears they won’t keep test up during non testing phases. Perhaps this might change? Maybe it will stay the same.

Maybe this is a big enough change (farming!!!) that the developers need to use the test servers even before they let us at them.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for test servers to be up before I buy a pc copy of boundless. All I want is test server for the pc. :sweat_smile: won’t be using it for anything else

Fire where u been!

:sob: Working :sob:

Test servers are not intended to be used to experiment with forge recipes for free. They’re intended to test new and potentially unstable updates for the game in a place that wont harm the live environment. Values and balances on the forge and other things may dramatically differ from their live counterparts. If you get a specific result on test with the centraforge, you may not get the same in live.

4 Likes

I understand this. And I would test new releases as well because sadly I don’t think enough is done in proper areas most of the time because people get too focused on one of the major changes instead of looking at all of them. But if there’s nothing to be tested and no test server there’s no point of me getting a pc copy when I have the PS4 version.

1 Like

Well, yeah. I dont believe anyone is suggesting that anyone should need to own each version. That’s the point of cross-play, a single shared universe.

Try sanctum editor maybe not sure if crafting is blocked there

You can’t do anything server side in the sanctum. It’s all local, basically just a fancy 3d warp menu.

what is sanctum editor? Where do I access it?

Support suggestion this if you want training forge to game, that would be more fair for ps4 players :slight_smile:

Currently the Sanctum editor is a PC only thing available from the F1 debug menu, but they are looking to add it in to core functionality so that PS4 players are also able to access and use it.