Testing 16: Storage, Locks and GUI

oh yes, most time we get only ART Works, i will not only Art Works.

And is it possible to make the quick bar all time visible ? i hate it that the bar is hidden after 2-3 seconds, so i must every time first scroll throw the items that i can see which item i have in the bar (in every game i play or had played the bar is always visible).

And is it possible that i can look in my inventory and walk at the same time ?

Whereabouts did this occur?

What?.. Sorry i don’t unterstand your question.

It was in reply to the issue about the purple crack texture, do you remember where you found it?

I saw the purple crack when i digged underground without light, they was the only thing to guide me.

Okay :slight_smile: I’ve the “problem” when ever i dig / cut something with a reflection angle φ > ~15°.

EDIT: I’ve a GTX 570 with driver version 341.44 (no, i can’t update the drive because of my second GPU).

The purple cracks also happen to me on my gtx980, even with the current drivers.

Found a small bug with the new GUI this evening… here’s how to reproduce it :-

• Make sure you have a bunch of blocks you can craft with in your inventory.
  • Open your inventory and switch to the crafting menu.
  • On the 5th item down in the list, hover your mouse at the very top edge of the item button (this may be dependent on screen resolution - mine is set at 1280x720).
  • The button will start to flicker the on/off state rapidly.

This is more easily reproducible the further down the list you go, so I believe it’s related to the shifted perspective of the panel and its contents. The ‘on’ state is shifted out of the current position of the mouse causing the button to immediately switch back to its default state.

Good spot. This has been fixed and will be available in the next update.

Had an issue, but figured out myself. sry

I think the same about all his points!

One further thought:
Will people just have to gather certain ingredients so they see in recipelist what they can craft?
I even see recipes of which I don’t have all ingredients…
Where is the thought of discovery here? Don’t you think it would be nicer to first make people find out about a recipe by combing material? And after you discover first time you can make the recipe appear permanently in your list?
Like current version seems quite boring o.o and EVERYTHING will be discovered quite fast…

3 Likes

Remember that you’re played by a game during development. Recipes will not all be unlocked by default. But they are currently.

3 Likes

I don´t think that displaying all items is an issue.
After all they´ll be displayed on a wiki-page within minutes after implementation anyway.

Actually I think it´s quite handy to see all available recipes without the need of having a wiki page open all the time like in Minecraft.

1 Like

That’s really a matter of opinion. I know of enough people who liked Minecraft for example exactly because you didn’t get any information from the game itself until you tried something.

2 Likes

At least someone needs to make an effort to put the recipes on a website, what is already delaying “discovery” timezone.
Furthermore I am not obligated to visit that website.

If you play an adventure game, do you take the walkthrough and start with it?
Then you’re just playing for the story, but not to test your own creative skills. You would be completely other type of gamer then me. You’d be the one watching criminal series, I am the one trying to solve the case himself.

I definetly would not like, if recipes will be displayed before you discovered by try of combinations.

3 Likes

I have tested the new HUD with the Steam Pad and want to know if there is (or will be) another key or button for scrolling through the crafting menue? I use the pad to emulate K+M-Controll but to but the mousewheel on a pad is not the best solution … or will there be arrows/buttons in the HUD’s top and bottom to click on to scroll? … Mousewheel is nice but a second option would be perfect.

I think you will split up the recipies into groups which then can be “opend and closed”, right? The way now is kinda meh cuz ther is no good order and overseeability. And a way to “invent” recipies like before would be cool, yes :wink: