Testing 161 - Report issues here

We can confirm that this is a bug and it should be better in future updates.

3 Likes

okay thanks, so i will change back to the live server, cant do much on the test server with this bug blocking my char :slight_smile:

The new feature in Testing where blocks linger for a second before being picked up… can we do away with that please? It’s terrible when mining near lava or cliffs! We already see what we picked up in the HUD, it’s redundant for them to linger.

1 Like

…unless faster pick up speed is a mining ability :neutral_face: I might do some digging :wink:

@nevir the issue you were seeing with the chunk cache logging “failed to purge enough space” is an error in the caching code. At the moment setting either 4GB or 8GB won’t work correctly and will effectively disable the cache. I’ll get it fixed for the next testing release but for now you might want to change back to the default 2GB cache size.

2 Likes

I’ve been in testing for 2 days now and have a list of objectives that are not working for me.
Builder
Build Blocks
Timber Frame
Step Up
Defender
Last Man Standing
Tallow Triumph
Explorer
Light Show
Deep Dive
Finding Your Way
Favorite Destination
Going Places
Well Done Chef
Location Location Location
Fighter
Locking Horns
Hunter’s Survival
Mutton Chops
Gatherer
Lush Fields
Grounds Keeper
Crop Harvesting
Wicker Basket
Trader
Number One Customer

I seem to be stuck, not being able to gain anymore skill points. Am I doing something wrong here?
I also am not able to bulk craft in crafting table - is this intentional?

1 Like

As far as I know, Bulk and Mass crafting will be a crafter unlock

1 Like

I do not know if this was already reported before. (I could not find it in the forums)

It seems to be that one can walk on air along a wall.
As long as there is a wall next to you you can walk on nothing.

Seems that the player character is clipping into the wall to do this.

Made a very short video about it so you can see what I am talking about.

It must be a bug as this should not be possible I think.
Any feedback on this ?

1 Like

I am unable to replicate this in Testing due to material costs and roadblocks to reaching this point, but I just had this unusual situation in the live server.
-1708, 94, -221 Berlyn Township
Titanium Furnace (one on the left)

I placed a smart stack of 500 ores of all varieties from my latest mining expedition in the furnace. I then placed the last of my compacted coal reserves (compact soft, compact medium, compact hard in a smart stack) in the fuel slot to insure I had more cycles of fuel than ore, and logged out for the night. Upon return this morning, I found that only my copper had smelted, and my furnace was locked in an “Unable to Start” state as shown in the picture with plenty of fuel left to burn.
When I removed the coal smart stack from the fuel slot, the furnace immediately began burning again with ~50 cycles left. Replacing he coal causes the furnace to lock up again. It seems that my furnace is bugged out so that it will not allow me to burn more than a single compact coal at a time, requiring me to watch it’s progress manually rather than smelt while offline. This is problematic!

I will leave the furnace in it’s bugged state should a dev decide to look at it to try and figure out what’s going on. Let me know when you’re finished with it so I can get back to making Titanium tools!

1 Like

To test the block walking, it happens most often with wall blocks, and with bricks. It seems to be your hitboxes extending just enough inside the block that pressing c keeps you on it, but not far enough to sip you upwards

I had this happen many many times in the corners of my build, using metamorphic bricks as parts of my walls

First of all, I don’t have any guess as to what it’s causing some players to not be able to level up. As I have over 7600 exp and I’m level 6. The only thing I might have done differently is me playing the version, before it was officially announced.

Will try to condense all my reports in here. To reduce the number of posts to go through.

• Dropping items, require for them to be dropped around the middle of the character, doing it close to the inventory screen, won’t work.
  • Can’t split stacks or use number selection on the beacon interface.

Finally on the objectives

• Weekly Manufacturer. Tracks item hand crafted.
  • Didn’t test objectives related to lance or shout, as I can’t make them or unlock it.
  • Didn’t test Mender either or I did, but as I wast lost about it. I might be doing things wrong.
  • The other quest not mentioned, have already been done.
  • The following list, is the things I’ve experienced.

2 Likes

It sounds like the Furnace will not burn coal of different types in the smart stack. This is a design issue for @olliepurkiss to address, but right now, if you just use the same type of coal (i.e. use one of the soft, normal or hard categories of compact coal separately, but not in the same smart stack), then it should work.

1 Like

From watching the video, it shows that you’ve hit one of the many physics-related issues in the game. Thanks for the report, we’ll add the information to our database.

Thanks for the report. A couple of replies are listed below for some of your points:

That’s currently working as expected.

We have a fix for this coming in the next update.

1 Like

xp bar is indeed bugged but after some grinding I did leveled up to 4th getting coins on the way there and being rewarded with skill points and plots, so at least I can say the actual progression happens

:oort_b: :oort_o: :oort_u: :oort_n: :oort_d: :oort_m: :oort_o: :oort_r: :oort_e:

@vdragon Continuous chatting is bugged

still works when i want it to be turned off

I had that problem once, try exiting the game completely, log out of your computer profile, log back in, play game

We haven’t been able to reproduce this. How many times has it happened to you?

Didn’t play testing from the start of 161 so I won’t read all the posts, just ask: has anyone noticed and reported that region count is bugged? It was working fine as I was discovering new regions until I reached 14 - then it counted down to 11 (or 12 cant remember) with every new region discovered. It’s in a loop since, between 11 and 14 (or 12 and 14 not sure) - counting down from 14 and up again to 14 and then back down and so on.