Testing 161 - Report issues here

Aha, yes - it does occur on live.

In my original screenshot, the textures along one axis were garbled, now they are completely toast (on both live and testing; ditto after uninstall/reinstall):

At the time, 50MB :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m now up to ~4GB. I can still reproduce the freeze if I set chunk cache size to 8GB

Iā€™ve noticed that but not with daily or weekly tasks. They simply canā€™t be added after you complete enough tasks in one day.

However the tasks that are under available tasks bar still can be added and completed. I call them tutorial tasks as they are the same you get automatically through tutorial progression. They are easy and give you little xp and coin.

So when you complete such a task you get a message in the middle of your screen and the xp bar appears in the top right corner. However, the bar doesnā€™t show any progress. In my case itā€™s always empty meaning itā€™s all grey and no blue progression is ever shown. I did several such tasks and it stays the same.

My guess was that after reaching the limit of daily tasks you canā€™t get any other xp and coins as a part of a design rather than a bug. Or maybe these tutorial tasks never give you xp and coins unless they are assigned to you by tutorial system? Either way it would be better if you couldnā€™t activate them via tasks menu at all.

1 Like

I know a few people have mentioned it already, but I can not gain any xp after my second lvl up. I completed 21 objectives just to be certain.

Also, for reasons unknown to me, I started with 8 warp markers in my inventory and one in my totem. I did not receive the tutorial.

1 Like

Logged in over 24 hours after last session and I donā€™t seem to be progressing. I did one daily task for gatherers (100 leaves collected) and a few tutorial tasks (activated manually via ā€œJā€ menu). Progression bar didnā€™t update at all.

Also tutorial didnā€™t continue for me (I didnā€™t get any tasks that would reveal mining or building machines). I donā€™t know how far the tutorial goes at the moment, but I only did pure basics of placing campfire, beacon after that and a crafting table plus gathering few basic blocks and killing a few wildstocks. I would expect tutorial reaches a bit further than that.

EDIT: I did get coins for the tasks.

The main xp bar seems to be having issues, but I believe you still level up

I only leveled up 3 times. After that I did several small tasks worth 50 xp each and a daily task today worth 160xp so I expected to get to the 4th level.

Ah, didnā€™t mention that doing the tutorial tasks today not only didnā€™t affect the xp bar but also didnā€™t even display a completion message on the screen (only today - yesterday task ending messages popped up and only the bar didnt work).

Thanks for all the information regarding the xp issue. Weā€™ve added this to the existing bug in our database.

Just to check, how many remaining plots do you have? The Campfire currently takes up 2 plots.

1 Like

okay so that is why it didnt work only had 1 left.

So it sounds like the game isnā€™t giving you a message when you only have 1 plot left. We should have a fix for this soon.

1 Like

Sometimes when i log in i have to warp to pixelgate because my main portal in sanctum remains closed (logged out in pixelgate)

This is on US East (Solum), correct? Could you clarify what the issue is? If you quit the game when youā€™re on US East for example, then when you log back into the game, the warp in the Sanctum should open to reveal US East again unless you meant to say that you were on another world prior to quitting the game.

I mean:

This will happen if the world you were connected to (warp on the left) is offline. Did you travel to the same world with the warp on the right, or did you go to another world?

to clarify this:

i logged out on solum
several hours have passes
then i logged in, portal on the left side(to solum) was offline
but when i opened a warp on the right side(to solum) it worked.
Portal on the left started working when i returned to sanctum.

I have stable internet connection, good hardware and up to date drivers :wink:

Couple very minor UI things:

Not sure if bug or intended, but pressing u/I/j/k to switch between menus only works when there is no menu up (or to close the current one). It might be nice to allow switching between menu screens

The tabs/sections on the various menu screens donā€™t seem to have a key/controller bind to toggle between (tried left/right bumper) - would be neat!

(Edit: just occurred to me that d-pad or stick left/right might be set up for it - will try later)

When this happens again, could you bring up the debug text on screen and check to see if there are any error messages appearing?

2 Likes

Next time this happens can you share a screen shot standing in front of the Warp with the debugging information enabled. There is information in this screen that will tell us more about the status of the Warp and hopefully why it isnā€™t open.

(This is the same request as @vdragon.)

2 Likes

@vdragon - After some additional grinding I did get a skill up and was able to get 4 claimed skills. I think it felt blocked / broken because the XP bar wasnā€™t moving but eventually I got to 4.

Sorry for the delay in response, real life and all.

ApoNono

I just went into the testing server and everything went good so far but now since i started a new char here and got the first 3 lvl ups, i gathered already 2,9k XP by daylies/available and even a weekly done. This canā€™t be right or? I dont even see how much XP until lvl up i need :confused:
Like after 100 Wood Trunks, 200 Rocks and a dozen leafs and random stuff i still cant do anything else.

And everything is slower yes, makes it even harder to get a new lvl for some upgrades. I cant even do stone tools a workbench or anything after 3 hours of playing. I hope this is a bug with not beeing able to lvl up :confused:

1 Like