Testing 165 - Report issues here

If it comes to what should be done next: definitely add description to skills in the skill tree menu. It’s so hard to continue testing objective system if we don’t know what crafting skills we need to learn to unlock specific recipes.

The beginning of tutorial looks better,more polished and guiding through first steps better than before. Tips showing with tutorial objectives are more detailed and explain basics of how things work.

However, I noticed at least 1 thing that happens too early. Reaching lvl 2 (or 3 - cant remember now) triggers a message saying I get an additional objective slot. However, at that point the tutorial hasn’t introduced that subject yet. And when I check main menu I can see objective tab, but its inactive. I eventually learnt that reaching lvl 5 unlocks the objective tab in the main menu and triggers tutorial to open a relevant objective. So, it would be better to move gaining of an objective slot to the 5th level I guess.

The recipe in the recipe list should inform you as to what skill you need now. Adding to the skill description would be a very difficult task because we can’t list every item you can craft with that skill, the description box would be H-E-U-U-U-G-E!

2 Likes

ok one thing - i canot cook anything in the furnace missing basic crafting recipes when its the first skill you unlock??? LOOOL

With the objectives, we have fixed the ones you’ve mention here but you’ll have to wait till the next update.

Storage shelves will be easier to craft in the next update.

We’ll need to have a look at the coordinates and see what is going on with those.

1 Like

Stamina is disabled at the moment until we balance it.

I think you need Common Item Recipes which is a different skill to Basic Crafting Recipes

You need to unlock Compass first I think (although I’m working from the previous data set so I could be wrong… importing new data now!)

Ok, by the looks of the game files, it should unlock with Basic Crafting Recipes

more like - this skill unlocks compactor recipes, and another work bench recipes and some furnace recipes;

1 Like

see so would people PLEASE stop nubbing me just automatically QQ i rage quit **** to you :stuck_out_tongue:
(jk of course - but PLEASE stop?)

just being sarcastic

I wasn’t “nubbing” - just trying to help and corrected my original post to confirm your bug

This is a bug in what is reported… It should say you need fuel. here is an example. You need 8 peat (uncompacted) or 2 soft coal to fuel the furnace. Example with peat.

if you remove some you will get this error message.

Try adding enough fuel if you have unlocked the basic crafting receipies.

4 Likes

I was running to my existing builds from 300+ N and I found that my old beacons are at 900 N (-ish). Interesting thing is that I had to travel North to get there and my N coordinate changed to negative at some stage (it was approx. -30) and after some more running same direction it got to positive value again and up to 900.

ohhh so the furnace bug is just down to a error of not letting us know you have not used enough fuel input not that you can’t fuel this because youo have not unlocked the skill?

it has been working fine for me.

Just to confirm, for the objective ‘Building A Crafting Furnace: Part II’, are you unable to complete the remaining 2 requirements?

We haven’t come across that issue yet. Were you doing anything in particular before this occurred? (e.g. were you using any Request Baskets or Shop Stands?)

Yes, i put the furnace together (as seen in the picture background.) and put in fuel, only first part work.

Nothing special, tried to equip tools from my earlier settling, no interact with plinths.

Edit:
Logged in today, and the spots in inventory work fine again.

Thanks, we’ll make a note of those requirements that are not working.

As for the second issue, we have managed to encounter it, so we’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

Looks like the find out what the issue is. N and E are tracking the wrong values.

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll have a look at improving this.

Good spot! We’ll log a bug.

1 Like