Testing 165 - Report issues here

Thanks for reporting this, it’s definitely a bug, so we’ll make a note of it.

1 Like

This may be impacting the HUD display for the home (orange) location… In the image below I only have 1 beacon placed and it placed it at the same location as my original campfire. So there should only be 1 location showing on the HUD. My house is the place on the right.

I also got two orange in the compass, think the first one is where i entered the planet first time.
I have followed it, but its nothing there.

You can have more than one orange house icon on the compass depending on a number of factors.

@Tillweed, even though you have a beacon and campfire in the same location, they might actually be using different plots. Could you check if that’s the case.

@Heureka, Check if there are any leftover plots using the Beacon Plotter or other items that will allow you to see them.

I have 3 on my map, but one is my original beacon in Pixel Gate, one is from my last go on the test server a couple of weeks ago and now this one, so it’s as expected really;

I removed the campfire when I placed the beacon. The beacon was placed in the same place where the campfire was originally. I only have the beacon, the campfire is gone.

Not sure if this has to do with my connection, the server latency, or possibly the new Chunk meshing, but whenever I’m mining resource blocks like coal

-5 hits will break the block and i can begin breaking the block behind it
-coal block will reappear suddenly and absorb the hit i placed on the block behind it, breaking again and dropping the coal this time (i believe it takes 6 hits with my stone hammer anyway)
-the health of the block behind it goes back to full when the coal block reappears, confirmed by the breaking of the coal block

so 5 hits will break the coal no matter what, and if i stop hitting it before the 6th hit and wait for a second, the block re-materialzes and has 5 hits of damage on it. can’t really screenshot this

edit: did a little more mining, health bars of ALL blocks are jumping all over the place, and coal blocks keep breaking after EITHER 4 or 5 hits and then reappearing suddenly. Basically impossible to tell which blocks are actually broken or even have damage. Can confirm i am on the border of chunk [119,73] and [120,73] of solum

Been playing for quite a bit today … here’s what I’ve found (although a couple of these have been mentioned already) :-

General

• When you’re first starting out, without a compass, you don’t know who’s beacon you’re in / next to, so it’s hard to work out if you’re actually building next to someone you know or not (if they’re not there at the time).

• Also, when first starting out, it’s possible to lose where your campfire has been placed without having the compass unlocked. I think it might be nice to start the game with the compass, where it can show your beacons/campfire, but nothing else … then ask players to unlock an upgrade to show others beacons as well.

• Using a stone hammer on Soft Coal / Small Fossil / Ancient Tech Fragment / Iron Seam / Copper Seam displays a block health glitch on the first 3 (of 6) hits, where the health jumps up and down (almost like the system thinks the block could be broken in 4 hits and not 6).

• It’s not possible to close a portal, from the destination portal, if the origin world it’s connected to is offline; This could cause potential issues further down the road when private servers are introduced and subsequently disconnected from the main game universe.

Sanctum

• The elder in the Sanctum shows the “Press E to interact” message when you are close to and pointing at him.

• Are the extended jump / double jump / edge climb abilities enabled in the Sanctum (I’ve not got that far to unlock them yet)? If so, it would be fairly easy to jump out of the current sanctum using these abilities.

• When returning to sanctum, the notification messages for any previously completed objectives are triggered again. This can trigger as many times as you return to Sanctum in the same gaming session.

Objectives

• “Building a Crafting Furnace: Part II” is not working on the “Place a Crucible on a Firepit to complete the Furnace” sub-objective.

• “Bookmarking And Sharing Locations” is not working on the “Craft a Token of your current location from the Universe menu” sub-objective.

• “Bookmarking And Sharing Locations” references the “Universe menu”, whereas the actual menu is titled “Worlds”

Beacons

• When placing my beacon at the top-most edge of a plot, causing the top section of the beacon control to protrude into the next plot above, I was automatically allocated that additional plot as well. This could cause issues if someone is attempting to place a beacon and only has 1 plot allocation available.

• Whilst holding the beacon plotter, targeting an adjoining plot does not always highlight that plot in green. Some angles directions highlight as expected, others do not.

• Removing your beacon, still leaves the plots it included, in an allocated state. My beacon had 2 weeks worth of fuel in it, which still shows as such in my beacon list in the world menu. The plots are also still allocated to it.

• My own beacons do not always show up on the compass. At certain distances, they are sometimes visible but then disappear completely when looking around in different directions - this was happening whilst standing on the same spot.

Crafting

• When attempting to cancel the last item in a crafting queue, the “Cancel Item Crafting” dialog automatically closes when then top item in the queue completes. This makes it difficult to cancel the last item if the build queue contains items with very short crafting timers.

• Placing 10+ Twisted Wood Timber (and possibly other wood/blocks) on the crafting table shows the “Bulk Craft 10” button as green (should be purple?), even when you have not unlocked the ability for Bulk Crafting. Clicking the button shows the item moving up to the crafting queue, but nothing else happens.

• The Furnace item slot 1 prevents subsequent opening of a smart stack after the first open/close of that stack; Item slot 2 has no such issue;

• The Furnace shows the message of “Missing Skill Basic Crafting Recipes” when there is not enough fuel in the furnace to complete a cycle; This should ideally show a generic message along the lines of “Add more fuel”.

• Wood Tools are instantly crafted when Hand Crafting, but take 3 seconds to complete on the Crafting Table.

That’s it for now!

3 Likes

I can hear (see) people talking around me, but they do not show up on the compass.

You can try recording a video so that we can see what it looks like.

Thanks for the rather bigger than expected post, I’ll try and address each comment as best I can:

Thanks for the feedback, I’m tagging @luke-turbulenz so that he can see this for reference.

Sounds similar to what @Arkefyre commented on above your post. If you can provide a video of the issue, that would be great.

Thanks for the description, we’ll make a note of this.

We definitely need to get rid of the message, especially since the elder has nothing interesting to trade in return.

We’re making some tweaks to the Sanctum, so hopefully this will no longer be the case as a later date.

We should have fixes for these in the next update.

Good spot. We’ve made a note of this.

When you said “protrude into the next plot above”, does that plot belong to someone else?

Can’t reproduce this, do you have a video of the issue?

This is as designed. If you like, just use the Beacon Plot Remove to get rid of the plots.

Do you have any example coordinates of where this is happening?

Agreed, we’ll log it in our database.

We should have a fix for this in the next update.

That’s certainly odd, so we’ve logged a bug.

I think this was one of the bugs that reported previously in this topic, but we have logged it in our database.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll pass the information on.

How many times have you seen this happen, and do you notice this in certain places?

It have happens several time
No special spot, it happens when i am on other planets to.

But it is so few ppl on test so it hard to tell.

On Live it happens all time.