This update is accessible via the “Testing” release of Boundless on Steam.
Please report all issues discovered with the update to this support thread.
Please restart Steam to make sure you get the latest version of Boundless. If the update happens whilst Steam is open it’s unlikely you’ll get the latest version.
- Crafting + Resources + Equipment:
- Grass is now only squashed by dirt. So you can now have grass underneath machines and beacons.
- Adding new option to not accept items lower than 75% durability in the request baskets.
- Creatures + Combat + Characters:
- Improved collision detection for larger wildstock melee attacks.
- Sanctum + Tutorial + Objectives + Progression:
- New characters going through the tutorial will now actually create a saved location when selecting the point on the planet which is used when interacting with the warp. This saved location will now actually be used to decide where the warp opens up to instead of the server deciding for you in the tutorial, and remain in your locations list until you choose to delete it later.
- GUI + HUD:
- Updated debugging text for latency to match graph/histogram.
- Debug latency histogram now tracks every latency measurement (rather than sampling every second).
- Bug fixes:
- Fix for creatures steering around a 1 high block (they should just jump instead).
- Fix for Cuttletrunk projectiles always missing.
- Fix for debug screen sometimes not receiving mouse positions.
- Fix for Spitter/Cuttletrunk sometimes trying to shoot at a player hidden behind a wall.
- Fix for Spitters never jumping over a 1 high block.
- Fix missing timer bar on open warps showing time until it is removed.
- Fixed bug applying the tax for plinth transactions.
- Fixing matching item tint option in request baskets.
Resolved Known Issues:
The following items were known issues in previous releases and have now been resolved.
- If the Furnace does not have enough fuel, the game will state that basic crafting recipes are missing.
- Illegal protocol message sometimes appears after going through a portal.
- Portal UI text overflows when the portal token name is very long.
The following items are known issues in this release.
[new] Pressing the Enter key on the Rename Beacon box will disable game functionality. Avoid this by clicking the Confirm option instead.
- Breaking the Campfire during the initial tutorial will reset some objectives and display the ‘Build a Temporary Campfire’ objective again.
- Cannot close Inventory when Chat is used.
- Changing the Chunk Cache Size in fullscreen mode will disable game functionality.
- Choosing Return to Sanctum option briefly displays ‘wrap error’ text on screen.
- Clicking the Craft button very quickly may close the active recipe.
- Entity rendering will not always work correctly when there are multiple warps very close together, or where a warp opens up to a location very near where the entrance is.
- Game displays welcome message for a world through a portal without going through it.
- GUI rendered incorrectly on Intel HD graphics (and some AMD / GTX laptop GPUs) on Windows.
- If the game (loader) fails to start on Windows 7 and 8 you may need to install https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows
- If you spend a skill point before the tutorial asks you to, you will be required to unlearn and relearn the skill again.
- Item placed into Request Basket will disappear when placing the same item into storage.
- Item wanted is completely different to what was placed there before on the Request Basket.
- Items will occasionally be unable to smart stack with other items that belong in the same smart stack category.
- Menus may constantly reappear on screen after closing them.
- Number of available feats is incorrect.
- Objectives & Feats - Some tasks are not being tracked correctly.
- Opening or closing doors and trapdoors when standing too close to them will restrict player movement. To get out of the situation, interact with the door or trapdoor again.
- Region names may not be displayed correctly after discovering one.
- Request Baskets (previously Buying plinths) that had wanted items set before v151 have unset them. Sorry. Going forward they will be fine.
- Skill descriptions are not final.
- Some feats are not shown on the GUI
- Some interactive blocks (crafting table, machine, beacon control) have become corrupted during the migration. This will result in at best those blocks not being able to be interacted with, at worst the game crashing when interacting with those blocks. To fix the issue the block(s) in question need to be re-placed. In the case of anything other than a beacon control the block can simply be broken, picked up, and then re-placed. In the case of a beacon control this will work, although it would result in all the plots having to be re-placed one at a time and during that process the contents being unprotected. A better workaround for a beacon control is to craft a new beacon control, place that, and then break the old one, which will keep the beacon’s plots placed throughout the process.
- Speech bubbles may still be displayed above players after going through portals.
- The recipes are not final.
- Using D3DGear http://www.d3dgear.com/ crashes the game on start up.
- When Beacon fuel is nearly full, adding extra fuel will display a message saying that there are no consumable fuel items.
- When expanding a smart stack offered by another player during trading, it will be empty.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
- Fixed issue causing the world to become entirely black, even if there are light sources around.
- Fix cases where users were able to delete all their characters preventing the client from starting up.
- Updated auto created characters to avoid problems with name conflicts between user names and existing characters.