Testing 19: Art and GUI improvements!

how do you craft a torch? I can’t figure it out :confused:

1 Like

stick, cloth, tallow

Alright items are as follows-

1 Stick, 1 Cloth (5 Fibrous Leaves you can collect them from destroying tree leaves) and Tallow (from killing Creatures)

Process?

Make a Crafting table.

Continue to make a Stone Firepit then put a Crucible on top of it to make a furnace, smelt 4 bits of Metal (Copper is probably easiest) collect Ancient Tech and make a workbench, all 4 blocks need to be put next to each other- once you build the workbench continue to input the metal and tech etc then build an extractor and do the same again by placing all 4 blocks next to each other.

Input the Fibrous leafs into the Extractor and collect the fibre from the output, put back into the workbench and make a cloth, you need 5 leafs. put the cloth a tallow and a stick into the workbench and proceed to make a basic torch

1 Like

yay! i was wondering how to get those items! that’s perfect, Thanks Kerpie!

1 Like

No problem i spent like 3 hours figuring it out myself and then got a bit of help from Stretchious and Squidgy

1 Like

Also to make metal tools you need to put fossils into the extractor to create fossil extract, then combine it with whatever metal and stick you need.

1 Like

When your the only person online at all :’) i basically rule the world ya know?

3 Likes

Holy ■■■■ they made everything so complex now

4 Likes

Like i find it once you know what your doing its not that bad, but for beginners it could be a bit softer?

1 Like

Yea things like a Torch, why is it so complicated to craft?!?! I think the devs have gone overboard with the complexity for crafting recipes :disappointed:

1 Like

I think it’s for realism. using a stick, cloth, and animal fat (tallow) is fairly realistic. Compared to a stick and coal. It also frees up the use of coal lol. While I agree it’s a bit more complicated and to a degree harder to make, it feels more realistic in a sense.

3 Likes

I agree. Furthermore, torches could be simplified to a degree if there was another version of a torch with less material cost, but perhaps burned out faster as a result. First idea that comes to my mind would be to simply allow us to put sticks in a fire pit, and get burning sticks as a short term light source. No cloth or tallow required, and a stone firepit is a low tier item.

4 Likes

Totally agree with you in regards of favoring more complex recipes.
However, a torch is the most basic item and I think in this special case it would be adequate to simplify the recipe a bit.
I think [1] sticks + [3-5] leaves would make a decent recipe for a basic torch.
The devs could introduce this as ‘basic torch’ that breaks after a set amount of time or emits a bit less light and keep the current torch with its current recipe ingame.

2 Likes

or even if getting the leaves was more of a chance cause i mined like 40 and only got 3 leafs

Gem torches seem to be easier to make… initial first pass recipe for them is 1x Stick & 1x Rough [insert gem name here] … although you’ll probably need an advanced tool to mine the gems in the first place!

2 Likes

Today the tools are red, last time they was black.
I think the tools and torches are very big to, take away much of the view, in small spaces its hard to see whats beyond.

1 Like

When i am in first person view and close inventory, camera jump to 3:rd person view.