This update is accessible via the Steam Beta “Testing” release of Boundless.
This release contains a collection of visual and performance improvements. We’re trying to polish up the Testing releases before releasing it as the Live version for all players.
- Optimisation of GUI Setup - it’s done at load time rather than when a button is pressed.
- Fix for GUI menus not always coming up when the key is pressed (especially with low framerate).
- New item meshes: glue bottle
- Decals on machine crates to signify machine type.
- Animations of working machines, but for one part of the compactor so far.
- Re-enabled many sounds from the legacy version of Boundless
- Adding more audio infrastructure for future improvements to Boundless audio.
- Correctly set saved sound volume on startup.
- Updated font sizes on some of the onscreen text when running at resolutions above 1080p.
- Improved pad support for item radials.
- Updated the mesh for plinth, machine crates, hammer, chisel, axe, and beacon plotter.
- Workbench and flowers coloured correctly.
- Updated OPTIONS and TRADING GUI.
- Added Weather system back in.
- Added Beacon Plotter mesh.
Resolved Known Issues:
The following items were known issues in previous releases and have now been resolved.
- Some meshes missing from the game (machine crates, plinth, etc).
- Stone Crucible missing the gradient.
The following items are known issues in this release.
- Some of the items displayed in the inventory screen are not positioned correctly.
- Some of the items are not positioned in the hand correctly when the players are seen in 3rd person view.
- Z-fighting with some items (workbench and other machines) when placed underwater.
- Cannot ‘drop’ items from [Workbench Ingredients] and [Completed Items] lists.
- Iron Fire Pit missing texture.
- The recipes are not final.
- Beacons and locks cannot be shared amongst friends as the friend’s token cannot be added to beacons.
- Doors are too big when held in first-person view.