Testing 214: New Player Experience

that is an awesome idea!! :smiley:

This is very toxic reply lol.
Maybe this is the only part make them confuse, and after this point they learn other things faster than everyone.
Also this why first impression of the game is important.
To be honest, the first impression of Boundless is not very strong.
The sanctum is very boring, and its hard to tell new players what’s the majority of planets look like.
Also lack of functions and unclear tutorial make new players want to quit and refund the money.
Those are totally understandable.
I still remembered when it was newbie, it took me very long to understand some basic things in the game.
It should be much clear and direct for tutorial setup, a lot of text on the left side of box i don’t feel its very helpful, most people don’t like to read that much i think.

1 Like

I’m not saying don’t work on the tutorial, top of funnel is often the most important place to focus if you are leaking users. I’m just saying if you start throwing a Veruca Salt’esque tantrum in sanctum five minutes into trying the game, it’s not gonna be any better once you get onto a planet. You’ll just throw a new tantrum in the middle of nowhere on Angel 1. This isn’t a game for the “entertain me” crowd. (Yet?)

I just checked the marketing website and the Titans are downplayed more than when I first joined the game so that’s good. I was wrong to claim the marketing materials are still misleading ppl.

3 Likes

Tutorial / early objectives seem to still miss how to craft glue and introduction to knowledge.
I did play on testing 214 to point where game gives “It’s all in the Storage” objective where mission is to get storage blocks.
I expect that most of new players are actually crafting these starting things and not starting trip to far for storage but game doesn’t tell how to make glue. Even that game has knowledge I guess it is still unknown for player and way furnaces are listing recipes doesn’t help either.
This could be improved for example by

1. Changing objective to guide thru process to collect pieces needed for storage, like other early objectives.
  2. Making new objective under core to check glue recipe from knowledge, when storage objective comes available.
1 Like