Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

Some people did.

Hehe! I doubt anyone will be sharing their efficient methods now. As I recall, this only got popular because a player got a bug up their butt about their own personal preferred cheese being nerfed and plastered it all over the forum.

Like any MMO, players are going to learn that sharing isn’t caring. :wink:

1 Like

Blink, umbris, rift oortstone refined,compact and deco blocks

the blink on the left is very, very blinky.
the other 2 have nice particle effects.

For me, I can see most potential with the refined (for builds)

deco oortstone has a lovely finish!

also…

15 Likes

I really like those Deco Umbris. Gotta get me lots!

1 Like

No, i play every day.
Exo worlds good,Prestige changes not

1 Like

After watching a player streaming last night, I can understand the reasoning for the reduced probability of forging a T7 planet smashing hammer… he was ripping through Norkyna (T6), like it was paper, at a fair old rate of knots.

If that remains the norm, all I can see happening with the exo-worlds is that only a small portion of the player base will ever be able to gain any real benefit from them. Blocks don’t regenerate, resources don’t respawn, once they’re gone, they’re gone (blocks will only come back with a regen bomb).

As it is, with a rift hammer and an average mining spec I was one hitting single blocks on the new T7 world.

5 Likes

I’m just waiting for some guild to decide their mission is to reduce an exoworld to a hunk of mantle, because why not? :rofl:

5 Likes

This seems to confirm then that we’re getting the ones needed to pop the two hour achievement/trophy? Mentioned earlier, but if this is the case, my plan is to, first chance I get, bury myself in one, maybe carefully mine but try to get that ASAP. And none of you resident jokers go clearing out the area around me and kiting in some mobs if you see me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I agree, using unforged rift equipment iv been able to find veins pretty quickly already. I was only playing about 15mins when I found these

6 Likes

Uh oh. RIP XP from stone crafting!

2 Likes

So has the update released or is it only in testing for PC players? If not released when does it come along?

1 Like

I’m not at home so I couldn’t tell if so -_-

Only on the testing branch for PC.

1 Like

I’m on ps4, I can’t wait for the release! :smile:

1 Like

Usually the following week, but this ones pretty big so might need some tweaking before ‘live’ release.

Im on ps4 too and feel your pain. Have been hanging for exo planets and a new tier of tools, so jealous of the master race this week.

1 Like

Not a fan of the Rock>stone nerf to 0… how about a compromise that makes the xp gain from this comparable to the amount made from refining stone? Maybe .05 instead of 2?

Other than that the additions are great!!

One question on Exoworlds: will there be a LOT more variety of terrain types, tree types, etc that we have not seen ever before in game? From my brief time on the test (on each of the 3 exo worlds) server the terrain was mostly somewhat familiar… though there were some rock formations on one that looked like a pile of papers seperated by a block that were very impressive to see!

Just curious if the these worlds are still being “held” back on the test server a bit (for testing lol) and that new worlds could be made in ways that will make you just stop and look in awe?

Thank you Devs for all you do!

2 Likes

Before reading this, just know I love this game, it’s truly wonderful, and what I have to say comes from love.

A couple of quick thoughts.
First on the Stone xp to 0 nerf - This had to have been a money motivated decision by the dev’s. Less xp given, means people won’t have as many levels, which translates to less cubits given, which means less free plots given, forcing people that want more plots to pay for cubits to exchange plots. Basically, you need to buy the game, to then buy the game again, to then buy the game again, over and over. As people are using Stone to not buy the game over and over. Dev’s have fixed that…

Next, I heard someone mention regen bombs being used on the T7/8 planets, these respawn the blocks but not resources. This is prime indirect grief material. It doesn’t get any better. For example, I go and mine an area out, I’ve grabbed some resources, then I regen bomb it to put all the regular blocks back. The next guy comes along and sees all the blocks are there, and spends hammer, pies, brews, and TIME mining an area that has no resources. Regen bombs should not work on these planets!

Also regarding on the topic of the resources don’t respawn subject. So, lets play this out when this goes live at 9am on whatever day. I’m at work, maintenance happens, system comes back live. Everyone that happens to be on at that time gets first dibs at unmolested resources for 9 hours before I get back on, and every single item they pulled, I will never have a chance at getting any…ever!! I am not a solo player, but please explain to me how this doesn’t put solo players at a HUGE disadvantage. Just like with the initial rollout of the Gleambow event, absolutely no thought of the solo players was given.

11 Likes

Hahaha i was just going to say the same thing, sorry wonderstruck but i only have 2 hours a day to play and this is just getting way to grindy for my liking.

Its supposed to be a game not a job where your reward is less hours and less pay for more work. Nah, thank you but no thank you.

7 Likes

Seems like it is still pretty easy to gain levels though so long as they don’t nerf breaking rocks to 0? I just have been giving away all my rocks, I know at least one person taking them has been using them to level, but I do fine just taking a 3X3 hammer and going nuts so I don’t even bother with that, titanium works just fine with a good build, don’t even need gem ones, though I use them a bit more now. Even not using teaching pies, it isn’t too bad to gain a 50+ level that way.

1 Like

But, they added more xp to materials other than rock. So with that, more material other than stones will be abundant, at cheaper prices which may promote people to actually buy things and leave less rock all over shop stands across boundless which would actually add some value to it. It will probably take a few months to see its affect but it will surely become noticeable