Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

I have a suggestion to the 0xp rock -> stone explotative method people have been using to level up, but it would include additional changes up the rock/stone crafting chain…

Currently we earn xp per stone output, which is a massive jump from 4 rock creating 10 stone for bulk and 18 rock creating 50 stones for mass crafting.

I propose that the xp gained from the output should be 1xp per, but reduce the number of stones output for bulk and mass crafts, for example to 4->8 for bulk and 18->24 for mass. To reflect this change, the refined rock would also need to have it’s input requirements reduced from 64->10 for bulk and 288->50 for mass to 32->10 and 144->50 respectively

Doing it this way, we’re not punishing early game players so heavily … they’re still gaining xp for the stones they make… albeit for less product, but we mostly all get far too many rocks as a byproduct when mining for other resources anyway.

Edit: I’d need to explore further into the other recipes that require rock as this would probably have a knock on effect elsewhere too

7 Likes

I’ve updated the original post to say that we will reduce the crafting time of Stones to zero.

There are increases and decreases, all listed in the post.

22 Likes

I’ve updated the original post to say that we will be adding a longer lasting portal fuel. It’s not in this testing release, but it is on its way.

33 Likes

Maybe let us compact rock through a new item we can take with us while mining. Something that will turn 100 rock into a chance for like 1 coal, ore, gem, or special block on the fly. This will let us get rid of colors we dont want quickly without just cluttering the floor or dropping them onto other people and aleviate some of the pain from the rock nerf.

5 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Thanks for the screenshots, that is a bug with this release to do with the forging epic. We will get that fixed before it goes to live.

6 Likes

While I appreciate creative solutions to fixing a problem, honestly I would be severely against any output changes. Not all of us use forge hammers to bash a million rock in 0.2 seconds. Why should I grind longer now to get the basic amount of stone I need because some other person keeps doing stuff that is causing a balance issue. Some people just use normal gear to get what they want and are fine with the output they get for that and craft amounts.

Let’s stop hurting the basic community because of a few people that are XP addicts or whatever. Who cares if people have a billion blocks or clear out a planet in 2 minutes. The game is so fundamentally broken that we keep putting patches on a broken model. Solve the root issues.

11 Likes

To the post in general i forgot the reply was towards you at the end of it, sorry just for everyone who mentioning it as an exploit but it doesnt make sense since i dont have to worry about getting ganked by a higher level character.

1 Like

Obviously, this would only occur if the area is completely mined out, and that’s why I worded it like I did. But like most of the time, you aren’t able to find every single resource in that area. So, you think it’s OK, to let people regen mined area and have other people use their resources to mine an area that they will not yield any results?

Also, regarding the surface miners, why should that be different than ore’s? Isn’t that the point, once the resources are gone, they are gone.

On a side note, if you are able to completely mine out an area and take it from orange to black on the atlas, please let me know what you are doing cause I’m clearly something wrong. :grin:

Well, if any of you are under the assumption walking around on an exo planet is going to be a walk in the park. You are sadly mistaken. Bring your body bags with you because people are going to get cut down real quick or die to the terrain.

3 Likes

I’m happy with most of this. I expect that the exo worlds are likely quite exploited by the time I get to test them out. Which I’m fine with, I don’t get a lot of play time.

However I have to admit I’m disappointed with the rock xp nerf. I never liked that wood, didn’t give craft xp, and refined xp was so low, but I accepted it because the stone made up for it. I guess I’ll test it when it drops live, but as of right now 0xp could be a game breaker for me personally.

4 Likes

If this is a minor adjustment then maybe it is ok, but if this isn’t very minor then this is a big problem.

This is completely against all developer comments and beliefs in EA. Portals are supposed to not be an easy thing to maintain. This is not consistent with the endless discussions we had about why portals are the way they are.

If you are willing to break the game at this level then break it on other levels like removing prestige - mayor link and footfall gain.

2 Likes

hell yeeesss !!!
yes

7 Likes

I mean personally I think they are pretty easy to maintain as it is. It’s just a huge nuisance to fill the portals every 4 days.

Also same planet portals are really unfair when it’s bigger than a 2x1. Why should a 2x2 on the same planet drop from 5 weeks to 1 week 5 days. 2 weeks 3 days 12hrs would be more acceptable. 1x2 portals are hard to build for on some of my projects.

1 Like

To me it would be more interesting that regen bombs didn’t work on exo planets on live, or at least on first planets that we get.

Because of how these new planets would have some resources that are rare, we would more likely see some players to use these bombs to lift and bump other players to surface middle of mobs or lava. :confused:

2 Likes

so people will be able to keep 1x2 portals open for 5 months now instead of 5 weeks?

Man you guys think of some mean ways to use regen bombs that I would never think of doing.

The coming Economy machine will give the blocks a base coin value.

We did consider adding 2 new economy machines: A recycling machine that would take bundles of resource and spit out something more valuable, and a coin machine that would spit out some coins.

We have ultimately concluded that the coin machine is the best solution here. (I made a post of the forum a weeks back about what the coin machine would do and why.)

Found it:

and here for comments on the possible recycling machine:

17 Likes

What you’re saying here is already happening… crafting rocks to stone will no longer generate any xp because it has been used and abused by AoE wielding high level players. It will already affect non-forged tools users and low level players by not giving them any xp for the action of crafting that rock.

I agree that we shouldn’t be hurting the basic community, but I see no alternate suggestion from you other than the continued bandwagon of “remove footfall” … “remove mayors” etc.

6 Likes

Yeah nice idea but this makes refined, decorative, brick harder to obtain, doesn’t it?

I think they’re probably on the money with taking the XP out of crafting, as long as it is instant and the lost XP is redistributed into other parts of the game.

I’d rather have less XP than yet more recipes getting a grind bump.

1 Like