Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

I didn’t test, but did anyone find a way to reset them? I suppose they could be memorabilia but I just assumed they’d go back to blank when the world dies. Shame to have lots of dud atlases knocking about, especially with a potentially large permanent planet roster if players pick the game up. People might end up spending coin on useless atlases without realising.

1 Like

That’s a dictionary definition but absolutely not the widely understood meaning amongst MMO players.

When the planet expires the atlas is supposed to go back to being blank. Which then means hopefully those atlas shops will start buying blank atlases so they can go fill em up with new planets.

5 Likes

Will be able to test in approximately …

3 Likes

Aha, thank you both!

1 Like

Hmmmm, you could be correct there. Good point.

I agree this is a bad trend.
It does seem to be designed for people who can play all day.

8 Likes

For first, i can understand, why people are disappointed about XP Nerfs.
But, i think it is a good decision and consequence by Developers about excessive use of this cheap and braindead gain of XP.

If we all are honest to ourself, we did use it more or less to get Levels.
But how?
Did we enjoy the game while leveling up by excessive stone crafting?
Don’t think so, that anyone of you enjoyed to mine brainless with super fast 3x3 Hammers for enough rock of our super big crafting table hall, fill these countless tables, log out for 2 hours and gain some Levels to repeat it.
Just to be able to grab more and more and more Areas.
(exceptions prove the rule)

This game gives us so many other possibilities to gain XP for various doings.
Go out, meet your friends, do hunts together.
Be a lonely wolf and explore the worlds.
Build and chisel big streets between settlements :wink:
Whatever the game is able to give you, you can use for your sake.

I am totally up for the suggestion by some, that every crafting you do should give XP. If you give stones as wood a very small XP of 0.5, each side would be okay with it.
It helps still the new player to gain some XP, it is a nice add for the experienced player, not to do it “senseless” and most important, with this value it can’t get abused again.

2 Likes

I feel this way also.

I did like the suggestion someone made to keep the rock to stone exp for lower level characters.
Many games reduce or eliminate exp from things as characters become higher level.

Maybe 2exp for level 0-30 characters.
1 exp for levels 31-50.
0 for 50+ level characters.

1 Like

This is probably more harsh due to other reasons but when I’m in hospital for a few weeks it would’ve been nice I could stuff enough fuel in there to keep them running for a while so I resent the whining and the 2 minutes part…

13 Likes

There’s a lot of posts here and i may have missed a possible response from you… But when you say net 0, do you imply that forging available goods today, and those same goods after the update with be nearly identical… For example, if i use a diamond hammer and x ingredients to get a “y” damage hammer with AOE, then i would expect that the same process will yield the same hammer after the update? (Ignoring rng)

1. Dream a build
  2. Figure out the plots
  3. FIgure out the mats
  4. Realise what breadth of skills you need to get the mats
  5. Roll and level 5 or 6 characters to cover the skills

That’s why on alts ~3+, I used the cast-off rock from my mining to bump the alts. A bit different to a freshly rolled alt getting to 50 in a night but still in the same arena.

You get the levels to enjoy the game imo. When you’re starting out with no run, no grapple, no skills, etc. the game is dull. It’s only once I hit 40+ I felt able to even explore all the known worlds.

The path to opening up the game is too gated and stone XP was just a shortcut to get out and about quicker imo. Try levelling a lumberjack or a gatherer the “right” way. :confused:

14 Likes

I agree, part of the reason i believe a lot of players dont make it very far into the game. This nerf is gonna hit new players harder than endgame players in the long run. Too many almost necessary skills gated behind deep skill trees. You’ll never be noticeably effective til 30-40 and no rock xp just makes that process longer

4 Likes

Yes.

The change was intended to make room for the special gear without changing the fishing forging balance of everything else.

3 Likes

Fishing confirmed!

:joy:

18 Likes

5 Likes

Better come with rowing boats. I could do with a good rowing boat.

And, wouldn’t Cuttletrunks make great lures?! Might need a bigger rod though. :joy:

7 Likes

Elite spitters and bomb fishing might need to be nerfed…

2 Likes

Story of my life.

5 Likes

We’ll work around it with Craftable Barrels and AOE Slingbows.

You too, huh? Bigger ones are OP anyway.

1 Like