Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

Why no xp for stones? :thinking:

it’s to encourage the purchase of cubits? … it was the best way to have cubits

personally i really do not agree with that

6 Likes

You can get 3 lvls a pie while mining tho. So still pretty easy to lvl and get cubits.

yes … but that I already did. That’s a lot of less cubits.

I like big construction

Stones XP from 2 to 0. Harsh.
How about we meet in the middle?

9 Likes

Seems like cool update :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what this means. Soils drop right now in placed blocks stuff, we can finally plant on more chiselled forms soils grass or something else?

I guess I have to go reserve gleam ball from Serpensarindi for xp purposes now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Probably means mud will no longer drop yams

2 Likes

Looks like I need to process my rock into stone before the update

1 Like

Is this really the best solution?

From my perspective, this serves to fix what is essentially a symptom (easy xp gain from mass-stone crafting) of a larger problem whereby it’s too easy to chew through mountains and gather stone with 3x3 power hammers as a by-product of another activity (mining for resources), and in doing so are completely taking away a reasonable route of XP gain for low to mid level players?

4 Likes

Time to spend the next week mining 24/7, then masscraft it all before the fun runs out. Otherwise I am very excited for this. My base is gonna sky rocket in prestige as it is mostly made out of trunks, rock and ice :+1::+1:

I would still say 1 xp per stone seems more fair than 0. Otherwise we’re gonna have sooooo much rock for no use whatsoever

3 Likes

Can we make this an instant craft now?

11 Likes

Booooooo!!!

10 Likes

I also wanna add that I kinda feel it isn’t fair to change the rock xp this drastically, cause new players won’t be able to gain plots as fast as many of us have in the past.

8 Likes

I’m not sure if the stone change was nessisary, but I can’t complain about people actually having to earn XP. I barely used it, myself. Just felt cheap.

BUUUUUT, if this is now the thing, this craft time needs to go away.

1 Like

I think it’s a step in the right direction. If ppl want rock xp back they now know what number they have to move. The xp nerfs were motivated by the amount of resources being generated by players.

Stone and torches are on the list because rock and tallow generation are incredibly high, as a byproduct of AoE mining and group hunting. So high as to be effectively worthless.

If players want stone to give xp, even 1xp, it will require solutions which diminish their rate of generation. E.g. changes to AoE mining and looting during meteors. Otherwise we can keep those as is and accept 0xp as the solution.

Great patch, looking forward to it

1 Like

And that is exactly what I would advocate. They might be solving an issue with this solution, but the are breaking balance for non end game players.

I think that they should make two variants of AoE boon. The first does the current 3x3 and destroys non-resource blocks, and the other only goes up to 2x2, or maybe the cross and you get to retain the non-resource blocks that you mine. That way, you’re actively chosing a tool for mining resources as fast as possible, or one for gathering base materials.

And that’s just a spur of the moment, throwaway idea. I’m sure with even a little effort we could have had a more thoughtful solution than ‘And now it gives no XP’

4 Likes

I’m not sure how much I like the increased difficulty on the critters. The high tier worlds are already nigh impossible to solo.

I have no idea how I’m going to last more then 5 seconds on a T7

5 Likes

A great update for all the “hardcore” fulltime players :grin: … and even a few little morsels thrown in for some of us “regular” players … although I don’t see the reason for now making it harder to get elemental shards for the average player who can’t always play in groups.

3 Likes

at least … like wood

1 Like

I’m really excited for the new content and extremely pleased that snow is now optional when building.

However, stone crafting and basic torch crafting experience was changed to zero. Are you serious?

Crafting basic torches and stone still takes effort from a player to craft and in my opinion should get at least one experience. (Very upsetting)

3 Likes

As others have said above, it’s only fair that the stone becomes and instant craft now. The wood to timber gives 0xp and that is an instant craft. It’s the same process, just different material. They should be brought into line.

Personally, I’m fine with the 0xp. I’d much rather have my stone a lot faster so I can get on with making my bricks or refining the stuff. I’ve never really used stone for leveling tbh.

As for the rest of the features etc. I’m really looking forward to it. The new worlds are going to be very interesting and so will the new gear. :slight_smile:

3 Likes