Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

Your assertions are all true. I disagree it is a punishment. Feels like a balance change that positively impacts game balance.

This thread is for feedback. Just sharing mine.

I respect that. Difference of opinion is what makes us an interesting species. We’d be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything lol. On the other hand, we’d all get along. War wouldn’t be a thing. I’m getting off topic and it’s time for me to shut up. :wink:

1 Like

I’m not trying to win anything at all, but your insisting that I am stating it’s impossible. Put together your own team of talented builders and put a plan together and get started already. It’s a colossal undertaking, no doubt. It would require planning, dedicated gatherers and builders working towards the goal together, and a unity of vision and purpose. You want an example of a build in boundless with a similar footprint and scope, then take this progress from our guild in just 2 months. (With 2 other side city builds happening in parallel, mind you!) This 100% functional city is what’s possible when you put your mind to a goal and pursue it, rather than decry it impossible and say everyone is against you!

Screenshots pending

phase one of our 1-year planned build- lead by @firehazurd and supplied by myself and just 4 other members. It’s sparse in comparison to the EA professional build, but only 2 months into the project. The city footprint is comparable to that of the professional build, but actually acts as a functional build with planned building interiors and a functional layout- not just pretty lights.
Attached magica voxel shows builds in a 1:1 scale with the terrain in 8:8 resolution, and is only phase 1 which focuses on large builds of primary importance. “filler” builds have not been added yet.

This side project shows nicely that getting people to build in theme is not as astronomically low odds as you suggest- it’s in fact our guilds housing town on Phem and has been built parallel in the same two month period as the prior build has been worked on. It’s certainly a far cry from the super build you hold as the standard, but We’re proud of it.

Also, in parallel- another build of unified design:

I guess if you wanted a fair comparison, you could roll all three of these together and combine the efforts here into a single city and in two months you would have a city of similar foot print and density as that professional build from Early Access. no cheap tricks or hollow facades, and thousands of plots worth of work done by a group of players.

And no, Sola did not build these.

1 Like

I’m guessing these pics will involve Sola, who’s the only builder in there that I would actually want to live next to.

Just keep moving that goal post- 1 year down to 6 months, now it can’t involve specific builders because you consider them better builders than others- got any more restrictions? Perhaps these builds need to be built left handed only?

Not sure if its just me but this came across unnecessarily aggressive.

These forums do not feel like a place for civil discussions to happen and I have seen it happen where the people who yell the loudest and make the most noise get their attention compared to the ones who try and approach things calmly.

Please, everyone, read what you have said before you hit reply.

5 Likes

Was this part needed? Did it add to the conversation in a constructive way?

This is an example of the sort of thing that makes the forums not fun.

6 Likes

His obvious response is going to be that I took the gloves off first… You won’t get much traction with that, even if people agree with you.

Either way, it shouldn’t happen and there need to be mods to keep discussions civil on here.

4 Likes

… Yeah, that’s him, actually.

2 Likes

Oh…

this is awkward.

4 Likes

Yyyep.

I was pretty unhappy with the game, so I took a break and came back… annnnnnd I’m pretty sure I’m gonna expunge it from my library this time.

1 Like

I guess between them and James this is a sign that trying to come back to the forums was not a good idea. That really bites because I love this game and I really want to share my ideas and have my feedback heard but I don’t feel comfortable here.

3 Likes

Honestly the forums are set up poorly for any sort of truly in depth discussion for anything that isn’t divisive since any good idea that people can’t argue with falls off the front page very quickly. It goes by so quick that a lot of people never see it unless they scroll down a couple of pages. During EA when the pop was smaller ideas were discussed more because they didn’t disappear into the lower page void.

6 Likes

I’m sorry, I forget that just because I’m also a mod means that I’m not allowed to join in discussion of the game that I’ve been playing actively since 2014 with thousands of hours of investment.
I forget that I’m not allowed to be passionate about my opinions or defend myself when players make false claims about them. I’ll just shut up like a good little public servant.

3 Likes

You… just described the actual role of a moderator.

2 Likes

Its not that at all. I just expect much less sarcasm. That only encourages others to act the same and when tone is lost in test, sarcasm is useless.

Other people may be attacking you but I’m not. I’m commenting on the way you are acting and saying calmly that it doesn’t need to continue.

I’m not sure how else I could go about this while being respectful.

3 Likes

Don’t let a rude person keep ya from somethin’ you might enjoy.

Can always wait for private worlds too.

Problem is, this whole thing is so complicated!

Maybe jus’ get rid of alts altogether? Maybe make mining fun so we don’t have’to smash rock walls and instead we can explore caverns and ruins, that way removing rock-xp doesn’t matter.

Well I’m NOT a moderator, so that’s nice.

Bolded for emphasis.

1 Like