Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

Yep, that’s the planet I was thinking of. There is one where I kept running and running on the surface, testing the boundries to see how much is reserved, the thing seems to be almost a whole continent of diamond hotspot.

You’re right that there is still a lot of room to work with there even with that… but if plots become too cheap, I worry it could change, especially if they do something that results in a player base increase. Too, and this is where the judgment would have to come in, it isn’t just size in some cases as rarity - like, for certain types of rare things, blocking off a bunch of small areas could be far more damaging than one much, much larger one.

1 Like

Private worlds with controllable plotting, and the exo worlds might alleviate the resource hogging problem too.

3 Likes

I can see where the exo planets will help some since you cannot plot on them, but the lack of regen might mean they are not a reliable source. And they will definitely favor the players that have the coin to warp, the aoe tools, and are online when they spawn. Will interesting to see how long the exo planets have the more valuable resources after they spawn. Will it be a few days or hours?

4 Likes

The bad:
Powercreep was the last thing we needed.

The good:
It can be a perfect fit for guilds activity.
Maybe we will see some form of PvP and “fair griefing” on Exoworlds.
(Not my stuff but there is demand for it)

The thing is, from the perspective of players not abusing the exploit, they are the ones getting this nerf. You are literally nerfing one of the things they are likely depending on to get their XP; therefore, the likelihood that you are harming those players who don’t use that exploit more than those players who have used the exploit is pretty high.

If this were a normal exploit where it doesn’t affect everyone else not using the exploit (for example in Skyrim there was a glitch where you could get that book that skills up all skills multiple times) then a basic nerf makes sense. However, this is a case where your decision can seriously affect the game, probably more than you realise.

Let me mention 2 games here of which I consider Boundless to be a hybrid of: Wurm Online and Minecraft. Minecraft is obviously one of the most popular games in history. It was easy to level up. People could make what they wanted, etc. Wurm Online has been underground most of it’s 15 year life. It can take YEARS to level up a profession. It’s vastly grindy. It takes time to make even a single house.

So I guess my question to you is where do you see Boundless on this spectrum? Do you want it more underground and grindy or do you want it widely popular and easier for people to make their big builds? Unfortunately, these 2 ideas are literally opposite ends of the spectrum and literally clash with each other which I think is the problem that’s happening with this game, at least from what I’m seeing. Do you want coffee or tea? Or are we looking to combine that coffee and tea and hope it still tastes good?

10 Likes

I understand why some would want to have the exp reduced to 1 instead of 0 but if you look at it from the devs perspective that would change nothing. They are trying to remove a way to exp boost your way to lvl 50+ so reducing it from 2 to 1 would just mean more rocks and time in order to achieve the same results.

1 Like

Can the compact oort be used as portal fuel?

Not currently but it will be implemented in a later update.

1 Like

Dang, I hope so. I need a way to keep my big portals going without refueling them every day

Here is the quote from a dev Ollie

3 Likes

A dev commented about working on it but it’ll be later when it’s released(paraphrasing) I don’t remember which one and there’s a huge mess of stuff in this post lol. But he didn’t give any details about how exactly it will work. So we will just have to wait and see

Edit: thanks for quoting that @Lord-Proteus

1 Like

Does anyone understand the 11 min level comment ? I don’t have the time to read all the posts.

But personally I’ve never done 11 minute leveling. If you consider the time it took for me to gather the mats for hammers, forge mats, time to forge, time to get rock and craft it for my 2 or 3 levels I got from it. It was much more than 11 minutes. I’d be really curious where these stats came from and if there are lots of players doing this because I’ve missed something and I want to know before it’s gone lol

Yup, if they make an alternative way of getting plots and resource hogging does become a real problem it needs to be looked at.

It is about 11 Million xp, bad to use m what means milli. :stuck_out_tongue:
Also don’t ever short minute to m :wink:

1 Like

This wasn’t done in 11 minutes. The 11m stands for 11 million xp.

Ahh got it, thanks! But how many are doing this? I can’t do this… my 1-2 hr game play… impossible! Lol

How many have the patience to sit and click 30 times per machine for 4 hours? Very few. It was a poor example to go on imo. Even nerfing it by 50% would be enough to stop some people from using it. I’d much rather spend my time doing something else anyway

But just like any mmo, people are going to use the meta even if it isnt their favorite choice. I used this exploit (meta) as well, but if they made other things more rewarding i would gladly play the game and earn plots the way they intended.

4 Likes

I mean, I might as well add, I don’t do this often. I got 2.5k plots sure, but only 1k of that is from masscraft. I got 500 hrs played on the game too, of which 50% or more is mining.

1 Like

Yea this isnt a shot at you, because 1.5 weeks of mining isnt easy at all. Plus the setup, endless clicking time. The devs just need to know everyone isnt capable of even attempting this, so punishing everyone is unnecessary

7 Likes

Fir most it was like the rest XP most mmos or online games offer.

After long sessions of mining and some time into management i knew i could come back to some “rest xp” lets call it.

Which allowed me to concentrate not on hunting or gathering but building. Thats the biggest issue now, plots.

Its only an exploit if it effects other players. Like is said before theres no pvp.

Its solving an issue by distrupting what is already a foundation for players, to earn something by doing a task. Instead of adding content to compensate for it which is over due in my oppinion.

These re skins of the same and old is getting really boring and they put their efforts into something that has no effect on other gamers.

Lets say im lvl 50, someone else is technically 200 because of the stone xp gain. How does his level affect my gameplay? I have not once ran into an issue where other players level or skills effected my gameplay in a negative way, this needs to be elaborated on, what is the balance issue?

4 Likes