Testing 218: Exoworlds, Blink, Rift and Umbris!

Did you find any while mining?

Any word on 3x3 efficiency on new worlds? What rank to 1 hit or 2 hit

There not all higher then T6. But have DMG 10 cooking to try out

1 Like

current t6 hammer with str brew works only, lvl 10 diamond hammer not working wihtout str brew so its useless to go there.

1 Like

Any kind soul like to share some screen shots of the new recipes for the ps4 plebs?

1 Like

As a player that started on the free weekend, I find the stone nerf excessive enough that I’m not sure I would be here still if I had to wait all night to craft for no xp. I made tons and tons of brick for project, so I processed a lot of it. I’m still not level 40 yet either. As I see it, this is primarily an issue with higher tier mining producing too much unneeded rock so the best use of that rock was for power leveling. Don’t punish new players for a end game problem. Find a solution that works for both. I can think of several options, such as:

1. Lower the xp to 1
  2. Increase the amount of rock it takes to run a bulk or mass craft and increase the amount of stone produced but keep the xp the same
  3. Make high tier hammers destroy some ordinary resources to reduce the amount produced,
  4. At the very least if it’s zero do then it should now be insta crafted
  5. Replace stone in all recipes with rocks, make stone only needed for decor
    All of these, while not perfect, are better than processing tons of rock all night for whopping 0 xp
5 Likes

Huzzah!

27 Likes

I would actually prefer then less. Because would help with making brick. I’m constantly making stones.

Were you using teaching pies before you grabbed the xp? You can actually hit lvl 50 overnight from lvl 6. If you have the rock n tables to do it. I don’t remember the exact quantity needed but it was possible and there are/were plenty of people who would give players free rock if they asked for it.

Just adding more grind to the game. Anyone interested in buying oortian keys? Barely used.

2 Likes

I did a few times but mostly not at the beginning because I didn’t know about pies and mostly not at the end because my focus was on making brick not lvling. That adds to my point, maybe teaching pies need to be eliminated or only allowed to work on creature kills. Most new players wont be buying them.

That hurts builders who actually mine for the stone and not for resources…

I think that depends on how you play. I bought pies as much as I could at the beginning. Now I never buy a teaching pie. Tho I have no use for them anymore.

1 Like

Part of me is really happy I won’t be spamming rocks into stones for xp anymore and maybe now you all will add in a masscraft all button. The other part of me knows now I’ll never have enough plots to do my world tree build.

Edit: Now that it isn’t worth any xp, can you make the stones instant craft?

5 Likes

People have spoken up before how the rock xp is an exploit and should have had something done about it. So it’s actually surprising something is now just being done. As for the random hammer swings I believe that has to do with connection and not an actual bug. It used to happen to me on my old internet but since I’ve switched it hasn’t happened once.

Exploit: “make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).”
But how is it it excessive? It’s like anything else… you gather it… you should get something for it.
edit: hammer swing due to internet? I have 80mb/s dl and 140 upload and its solid… I don’t think its that.

2 Likes

If this is an exploit why is the source of this… aoe too,s not also an exploit? Without the aoe, players would not get smart stacks of rock in an hour, so are the going after the symptom or the problem?

4 Likes

lol
Anyone else noticed that the Boundless loading spinner is wobbling?
(Center of the rotation is not the center of the circle) :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Yea they are going after the symptom. Should they maybe adjust the root cause. Probably. Would they receive more backlash from changing those over the rock. Yes. Would I be mad about changes to the aoe in order to stabilize the game better no.

1 Like

Since we are more experienced players and can afford or sell the aoe tools I think you are probably correct. This group would probably express a lot of anger over the aoe being nerfed. So to make a few hundred experienced players happy, let’s make it more of a grind for new players trying to level. I hope we are all willing to kick in a lot of real world money to keep the game running.