Testing 224: Farming! (continued)

I product developed by Microsoft to allow college professors to make sure you hit that dang word count :wink:

2 Likes

Give him a break, he yielded.

5 Likes

Damn free loaders!!!

Liquid simulation now accounts for Beacons in the World, so that Liquids will never flow into or out of Beacons, except for in the case where there are two Beacon Plots directly adjacent, either owned by the same character, or controlled by the same Guild.

@james I couldn’t quote directly from the locked thread, but does the above mean that if I have adjacent beacons, owned by different characters, that are linked as part of the settlement, on the same account, but not both guild controlled, liquid will not flow from one to the other?

I remember using yield in word problems in math. And various other classes(sciences). Also I’ve been out of school for some time now. So who knows if they still do things like that.

The fluid flow is allowed between beacons if:

This is as currently implemented. Happy to hear alternative ideas. But it would need to be based around the current permissions system.

So allowing fluids to flow between beacons on the same account but owned by different characters was considered and decided against?

I can’t be certain, but I would think there will be a few circumstances where people would be set up like this and wish for liquid flow.

I guess if adjacent beacons are on the same account and have full perms, regardless of guild alignment, that might work. But I don’t know if that is feasible in current set up.

Maybe in the future an ‘account pemission’ could be added, to allow characters on the same account to have full access to each others beacons, except deleting.

Same account but owned by different characters is not part of the permission system. Alts don’t automatically get permissions. They’re given.

The issue is that fluids flow. And a flowing fluid doesn’t really know who placed it, or who unblocked it, or who opened the door that allowed it to flow. Should the player who caused this action even be able to allow fluids to pass between 2 beacons??

Ok - so it’s more about the 2 beacons themselves and not whoever triggered the flow.

So do we need to check that the character who owns the source beacon would have been able to place fluids in the target beacon?

But then it could become an inherited permission - where the beacon owner could do this - but then someone else is causing it.

I obviously understand why you want it - but in the nitty-gritty it’s a little bit more complicated.

Especially with Lava we wanted to make sure that it was a safety first solution.

6 Likes

I can see where the issues may be, and the simplest solution is just to make all beacons guild controlled where you want this to happen.

That or you could just create a new source block in the other beacon and let the flow continue… not perfect but an option…

So if I made a hole in the water and take the walls down water won’t flow in (O.o)

Updating again. This update might take a little while ~1 hour. Release notes coming soon…

8 Likes

Ahhh, I was hoping for it to go live this week :frowning:

2 Likes

Me too, but looks as though it will go in to its 4th week of testing!

Testing is available - release notes to follow.

11 Likes

I’m already there 5 minutes ago :stuck_out_tongue:

… Oh, and I really like the changes to the crops!

1 Like

James would it be possible to give us another permission option to beacons to allow fluids to pass between beacons with them both set up to allow it?
So I would go to my main beacon on my main character, there would be another permission tab on the options for characters, so i can select my alt and enable fluid pass through to their beacon, then log onto my alt, go to their main beacon, and do the same, allowing my main characters fluid pass through for this beacon?

Not great at explaining it, but i hope this made sense

The reason it cannot be done has been explained already. But, if you make the beacons guild controlled, it can be done.

Updated OP with details of Testing 224.8. Mainly including details of a large client lighting update to make server-side farming lighting and client-side visual lighting match identically. We’ve also make it respect doors and turbo charged it - so that world meshing does feel faster especially on lava worlds which have huge numbers of lights (from the lava). (And all the bling-bling gleam tastic builds!)

22 Likes

i didn’t test the skill based light, but i am in love with the current lighting intensities so far. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes