Testing 224: Farming! (continued)

hey guys test harder so it is ready for live our im gonna have to come over

3 Likes

Block color in Metainfo!

13 Likes
  • Block color in Metainfo -
    Very nice addition; no more switching to the dubug screen for that.
    love it :+1::+1:

That seriously is an amazing addition. I cannot wait for this update to go liveā€¦

Letā€™s not be too impatient. Last time I checked, that update brought some changes to the gameā€™s rendering that need a lot of tunning before being released. The update will have my seal of approval once these specific tunnings are done.
I would also add that, on a personal level, I find the texture on the surface of water a tad too obvious, and it could still use some work.

Quick :+1::clap: to those on the test servers figuring stuff out, helping the devs and so, ultimately, all of us.
thank you.

now get a blooming move onā€¦got 101 water features I need to install.

6 Likes

uuhhhā€¦ I donā€™t even know what to say to thisā€¦ are you Patrick Star? FYI I read all the other ridiculous arguments further down that youā€™ve madeā€¦ gave me a good chuckle at the end of a long dayā€¦

I think you may need to head back to the 3rd or 4th gradeā€¦ thatā€™s about when they teach that word, maybe earlierā€¦ Itā€™s pretty commonā€¦ also why wouldnā€™t we want to teach people more accurate terms? Isnā€™t the game about being immersive? If youā€™re farmingā€¦donā€™t you want to be in the mindset of a farmer? not a gamer?

Just my take on your ridiculous escapadeā€¦ errr rant if you didnā€™t understand that one either.

Thanks for giving me a great laugh!

Whatā€™s word???

2 Likes

I product developed by Microsoft to allow college professors to make sure you hit that dang word count :wink:

2 Likes

Give him a break, he yielded.

5 Likes

Damn free loaders!!!

Liquid simulation now accounts for Beacons in the World, so that Liquids will never flow into or out of Beacons, except for in the case where there are two Beacon Plots directly adjacent, either owned by the same character, or controlled by the same Guild.

@james I couldnā€™t quote directly from the locked thread, but does the above mean that if I have adjacent beacons, owned by different characters, that are linked as part of the settlement, on the same account, but not both guild controlled, liquid will not flow from one to the other?

I remember using yield in word problems in math. And various other classes(sciences). Also Iā€™ve been out of school for some time now. So who knows if they still do things like that.

The fluid flow is allowed between beacons if:

This is as currently implemented. Happy to hear alternative ideas. But it would need to be based around the current permissions system.

So allowing fluids to flow between beacons on the same account but owned by different characters was considered and decided against?

I canā€™t be certain, but I would think there will be a few circumstances where people would be set up like this and wish for liquid flow.

I guess if adjacent beacons are on the same account and have full perms, regardless of guild alignment, that might work. But I donā€™t know if that is feasible in current set up.

Maybe in the future an ā€˜account pemissionā€™ could be added, to allow characters on the same account to have full access to each others beacons, except deleting.

Same account but owned by different characters is not part of the permission system. Alts donā€™t automatically get permissions. Theyā€™re given.

The issue is that fluids flow. And a flowing fluid doesnā€™t really know who placed it, or who unblocked it, or who opened the door that allowed it to flow. Should the player who caused this action even be able to allow fluids to pass between 2 beacons??

Ok - so itā€™s more about the 2 beacons themselves and not whoever triggered the flow.

So do we need to check that the character who owns the source beacon would have been able to place fluids in the target beacon?

But then it could become an inherited permission - where the beacon owner could do this - but then someone else is causing it.

I obviously understand why you want it - but in the nitty-gritty itā€™s a little bit more complicated.

Especially with Lava we wanted to make sure that it was a safety first solution.

6 Likes

I can see where the issues may be, and the simplest solution is just to make all beacons guild controlled where you want this to happen.

That or you could just create a new source block in the other beacon and let the flow continueā€¦ not perfect but an optionā€¦

So if I made a hole in the water and take the walls down water wonā€™t flow in (O.o)

Updating again. This update might take a little while ~1 hour. Release notes coming soonā€¦

8 Likes