Testing 224: Farming! (continued)

(instead of your crop just sitting there doing nothing)

Oh can they dance?

I have replanted all 3 berries to try and get the max yields after the last update.

For the regular starberries I am planting 24 starberries per plot. I could add one more row in height but it would be harder to harvest and plant with how tight the plants are arranged. But lets use 36 as the max per plot.

For the Juicy Starberries I can get 24 per plot. This also means going three levels high on each plot with two it would only be 16. Lets use the 24 because these have to be spaced enough it is not as difficult to reach the third level for planting and harvesting. Full disclosure this is using a method that @Stretchious told me about. My original plan did not give me this many plants per plot.

For Glossy Starberries I was able to get 12 per plot with 3 levels. I only planted two rows tall but three is certainly possible.

The plants per plot I got for all the Yams, the Oats and the Wheat Is 48 only planting one level of crops per plot. You could add another level and use gleam to light the lower level plants. It seems that it is more productive to plant the non-berry crops or that a player is going to require quite a few plots to grow them insignificant numbers.

Regular Starberries

Glossy Starberries

Doesnā€™t matter about the productivity (ā€œyieldā€ for those with more than an up-goer five vocabulary) if you can have a vinyard gracing your estate. Just image sitting by the lake, quaffing a Relaxing Brew as the sun settles below the horizon and the Worlds being to rise and you gaze out over the rows of Glossy Starberry Vines rolling of into the distance.

If only we could crush the various Starberries to produce a must that can be converted into some sort of Brewā€¦

I know itā€™s a bit late but donā€™t forget about the cars with both options(paddle shifters) oh and that Audi with no clutch lol

If you are going for something to look at yes, but as these plants are now the best source for certain resources, being able to maximize the plants per plot and the yield per plot does matter if you are growing for the resources.

1 Like

Starberry Daiquiri? :grinning::wink:

3 Likes

There are a couple of ways you can do this for produceā€¦

Method Pro Con
1. Optimise per crop Higher per crop yield Less crops per plot
Less seed gathering between harvests
2. Optimise per plot More crops = more produce Lower per crop yield
More seed gathering between harvests

I think they will both have their merits as there is nothing stopping you cramming lots of starberries into one plot - they will still grow, but will not produce as high a yield per crop. I think they would come out pretty equal, with possibly the more crops per plot actually having more produce. The cost for that though is you will need to gather more seeds overall

Did somebody order a Healing Smoothie?

2 Likes

Oortian Wine! we have the berries all we need now is a brewing machineā€¦ and a pub

3 Likes

Hey you guys olmost done testing ?

12 Likes

I agree but the time/coin cost in having to buy or gather more seeds would might make it better to optimize for seeds at least.

I have a tavern at one of my builds, would be awesome to stock it with proper drinks instead of forging liquids for the aesthetics

2 Likes

Boundless rating just went up to 18+ā€¦

2 Likes

Also maybe be able to light up some Desert Sword leaf or maybe add Gladeflower to a Twisted Aloba. Adds a Relaxation Debuff.

1 Like

Hmm, with a drunk debuff where you go slower, screen gets a tad distorted and you canā€™t walk in a straight line!

And then add another brew to the game to counteract it! Excellent plan!

2 Likes

This here tooā€¦ my pub is pretty small now but if we had proper drinks Iā€™d build a much larger one. :wink:

And I still think an Oortweed brownie recipe would be hilariousā€¦ though that might also jeopardize their ratingā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

But makes you a great dancer and better at chatting up girls/boys!

2 Likes

Yeah, could add a few new emotes you can only use under the influence. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::beer:

Just like the Lag Debuff I get all the time. Happens when you live like a hermit in a single-plot hut made of trunks in real life. Now, if there was a Brew I could make that would take that debuff off I would be happyā€¦

Theyā€™d need to add new sounds. ā€œYa-BO tee hee hee OOOMP nom nom nomā€

2 Likes

:+1:

I am Czech and I can google it :grin:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=yield+what+it+means

5 Likes