[Testing] 224: Insta-crash when entering world

I’m currently instantly crashing when entering the test world now. I think this could possibly be related to the new Object Detail and Foliage Quality settings.

I switched back from test to live last night and noticed that, after both of those settings being set on 8, only to find they were completely unset on live - I had to change them to 5 manually.

I’ve just set them back to 8 again (whilst in the sanctum) on testing, and now the game is not insta-crashing.

1 Like

no insta-crashes for me but it did crash twice in my last two sessions, when moving through portals, so there is a problem there as it wasn’t happening before the high tier worlds were connected

@Stretchious, from looking at the crash dumps submitted, it seems that it contains more or less the same crash information from when you posted about it in one of the forging support topics. I believe we may have a fix for this soon.

@boundmore, what’s the name of the character that you’re were playing with when those crashes occurred?

1 Like

chinese farmer

Forgot to mention, what format were you playing on when the crash dumps were submitted? Presuming it was on the testing branch as well?

yes, indeed

only sent the second crash dump now, as I haven’t started the game right after the last crash, until now that is

and the name is ChineseFarmer (in case upper case and spaces and all make the difference for you to find it)

insta crash now

I can confirm it’s a similar crash to what @Stretchious had submitted.

2 Likes

Thanks I had the crashes too, but only on Dalan. Will test the settings.
Having Farm on the T3 planet was OK.
T3 Was lagging or crashing only, when I opened portal to Dalan.

Actually as I was playing on Dalan at the beginning it started with great lags while facing certain direction and within an hour or so started crashing. Sometimes crashed even in Sanctum when portal to Dalan opened.

I suspected some “liquid” issue on the planet.

I am still crashing in my base. Actually always crash when I focus on my centraforge.

@vdragon can someone look whats goingon there ?

Thanks.

I am getting a new issue when I crashed a few minutes ago.

Now when I try to log in I get Connecting (Error: 21) Invalid auth token

I have closed steam and relaunched it and the error repeats

edit: I was able to get back in after waiting for a few minutes

Edit after edit: This was the test server like the other crashes.

This keeps happening to me too (only on the test server). I’ve been submitting the reports when it happens. I’ve re-started steam as well.

Thanks for submitting the crash dumps. It’s the same crash as above (@Combustive, it has nothing to do with the centraforge, so you can keep using it) . A fix will be in the next update.

1 Like

Thanks a lot !