Testing 230: World Shop Scanners!

If you lock the doors with guild locks and set the beacon to no teleporting you should be good.

1 Like

Thanks. I wasn’t sure that worked, due to the previous conversations regarding guild shop security, and thefts during the semi-recent lottery events.

But then what is the point of an advanced lock on a shop stand?
Does it not seem broken when it entirely stops the stand from being able to be used as a shop?

1 Like

You make changes that makes easier people to buy stuff from stands. Ofc its going to affect hand trading

People hand trade for the tax evasion. So it shouldnt be affected at all. There was already a website before to do this and hand trading wasnt affected by that so why would it be now.

9 Likes

I’ve never tried using the lock on a shop stand so no clue if there’s a certain way to use it or not. But it could be broken.

This will also eliminate part of exploring and seeing builds… not even gonna start talking about giving footfall cause economy is alrdy busted

1 Like

Plenty of people already didn’t explore. In fact if I was still playing this would probably get me to see more places. When I was playing I only shopped at the same handful of places because I dislike exploring.

9 Likes

Somewhat agree, but it also has the potential of leading you to shops you would never have stumbled across before. Less builtup areas etc.

My worry is that my shop is an enclosed dome. The only way in is via various portals. So someone could be lead to my store only to find there is no way in.
An easy fix for my dome on the lake, put in a door. But my forge shop is deep underground in my base, even i cant access it without the portal (except by smashing my way through another rooms wall) so this would be rather frustrating for someone trying to locate.

I still think this is an amazing addition though!
It will be less important where your shop is located and more about pricing. Great news for recluses such as myself :laughing:

4 Likes

Yep, and as much as I love exploring, exploring for shops is very different than exploring to just take stuff in or to discover resources. At least it was with me, as a disclaimer. I remember as a newcomer and my earlier days, when I was trying to find what I needed to buy or sell I was moving very quickly, like darting in and out of portals and it led to a little frustration at times, like when remembering where something was but then finding it empty or almost empty of goods or coin.

6 Likes

I can say the same thing like “plenty of people do explore” but the fact that we do not know it for sure. Dont you go that route where you state things that are not facts

Not true bud. Hand trading will always be the go to for people that want to cut out the taxes.

3 Likes

That means now i have to make planetary commercials^^
Love it^^

There’s been plenty of people on the forums saying they don’t like to explore when shopping. That they avoid it and even pay more to avoid doing it. And I never said it was a fact so cool your Jets.

Also if people liked to explore I’d imagine we’d have more Atlas sellers and the achievement for exploring 50 regions on a planet would be higher.

Also easier to price check for PS4 users that can’t work with external sources because the cant make heads or tales on how it works.

4 Likes

why rip ? hand trading has still no tax so it is useful

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. I think people will still be willing to hand trade to avoid paying taxes.

3 Likes

The what now?

Didn’t know PS4 users were dumb and/or poor to not own or be able to use mobile phones, tablets or laptops…

Many of the active users here, an external source of info, play on PS4…

5 Likes

I’d wager this is one of those cases that in the future people might take in to account when designing their shops, we couldn’t know that it’s coming so my designs will have to change a bit to make more visible entrances :smiley:

3 Likes

Looks nice addition, even that I was on EA and around launch promoting more about explore & find deals -way.

With count of planets and huge malls we have now this is nice addition, probably after boundlesstrade -site did come to use I got just lazy and did start to wait that we would get feature integrated to game :slight_smile:

I just hope there is some counter action for false leading shop stands (insane good plinth deals that are build inside wall).

5 Likes

I dislike using tools outside the game, so this is a total win in my eyes, and should be great for moving the gears of the economy. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes