Testing 232: Closed Storage and Decorative Blocks!

Yeah looking forwards to only needing access to 1 power coil! I may even put it behind a door so it’s super neat

1 Like

Im really considering this myself. Considering the lighting update ruined my build, new blocks, new storage, and cheaper marble/mosaic might finally make me do it officially

4 Likes

NOOOOOOOO! The concrete needs to stay super smooth! It’s for doing cool color contours and stuff!!

Don’t take that away! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

10 Likes

Well, I’d rather have a block really made with “super smooth for plain colors” as main intent.

Like, concrete isn’t supposed to be super smooth…

I 100% agree, but in lieu of getting such a block (cloth for example) I’m happy to have this option upcoming, especially since it seems like it should be spray tintable!

2 Likes

Updated OP with details of the next Testing update. The migration will take a little while so it’s not live yet.

11 Likes

Stucco is super smooth tho

9 Likes

Seen from this far, sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved:

James did say before that eventually we’ll be able to spray everything that makes sense to be sprayed

2 Likes

If i can find a video of leaves being spray painted can we then spray paint foliage? :eyes::joy:

I wont be greedy tho lol at least we can spray paint marble now

I personally love that we finally have blocks that you can see past. It is nice to have something that feels like a storage room with various boxes. I wish we had most sizes and stuff.

Now I do understand that feeling of closed off storage like what you mean. I wish we had a cabinet or something that gave that too for those that want that.

1 Like

Screenshot of Boundless on next-next-gen.

Maybe…

21 Likes

Yeah, it would be cool if we could upgrade stone storage into a stone cabinet, same look as the stone storage, but with doors, which would work like the new chests of this update.

1 Like

When i saw the picture the first time I thought it was a very impressive screenshot

I mean, this photo looks uncannily clean, like, almost no imperfection. ^^

1 Like

This question is basically impossible to answer without clear and agreed definitions of all the terms. But I don’t want to ignore your request for an answer.

My answer would be that “Boundless is a sandbox MMO”.

And more generically - I want Boundless to be an amazing sandbox.

25 Likes

Competition time - recreate the screen shot in Boundless.

8 Likes

… Bicycles confirmed? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (Hmm, that would be pretty fun with ramps and slides and all!)

5 Likes

If they add rentable planets right away, I will so build a new workshop! :smiley:

I did try some stuff out on testing tho, very, very compact coil setup, since you don’t need to actually be able to see them all and/or to reach them it doesn’t matter they are very close to each other. Which in turn means you can put machines much closer together and make a more compact workshop.

But mine is so big I rather now wait until I can do it on the final destination! Rental planet, haha

and of course I’m sure you’re advocating to make a new workshop in a different spot AND keep the old one completely running so they need to buy more power coils :wink:

3 Likes