Testing 234: Chiselable Glass!

:+1::+1::+1:

OMG! Yes! :star_struck:

12 Likes

I think it should be this way…

Heh, I’m confused!

So is there a new glass block that looks like the old glass block that is chisellable?

But it uses a different recipe, which is the recipe for a glass pane?

Are the old glass blocks getting converted into the new ones, and been made chisellable?

Are the old ones gone completely?

Glass panes are no longer meshes, but are not chisellable?

1 Like

:open_mouth:! Just came home from work and saw this thread :smiley:
I can’t wait for it to go live lol this is a very good update

8 Likes

The old glass block is now chiselable.

Glass panes are no longer meshes.

There is a new glass block that is the glass pane in block form, which is also chiselable.

Also the old glass is the same but with a ever so slight opacity to it.

12 Likes

Thanks, this made it fall into place!

2 Likes

@Ratchel has 80kish for the dome. You’ll probably be ok.

2 Likes

Nice, my town is super complex and compact last thing I want is lag when I enter my build :see_no_evil:

I honestly thought chiselable glass would still be a long way off so this is a really fantastic surprise … not wanting to sound ungrateful but is there any chance you could take another look at glass underwater too as despite the last update on it it’s still pretty pants in terms of transparency and general look. Underwater bases would look amazing if that could be fixed.

1 Like

Looks like it’s a new block type. Glass + gleam. See @AeneaGames post

17 Likes

Actually my favorite piece of this update haha

6 Likes

The glass never causes us lag. Yea we have around 80k glass dome.

2 Likes

Have you gone to test server to see what the change on it looks like yet?

1 Like

< Gob, 5 hours ago >
“Well, there’s no reason for me to stay up late today, Imma head out.”
< Gob comes back to his computer just now >
< points a finger at the new chests >
WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOSE?! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I completely skipped over the shiny new items part and went straight to the engine topic and fixes… I hope that makes the game more playable in my case again :smiley:

Fixed a large CPU overhead when moving around the world quickly due to lighting sampling that could sometimes reduce FPS drastically for a period of time.”

Some crashdumps submitted, seems mouse movement during adv coil placement will cause client to close down.

1 Like

Thanks for this, really appreciate you all who test and post the pics and videos! :smiley: And LOVING the new containers! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1: Shared the video! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s interesting, I missed that bit. Can’t get on tonight but hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to check it out. Thanks for pointing that out :slightly_smiling_face:

Omgggg I wish I had time to play this game 14 hours a day again. What a fun time it was :star_struck:

7 Likes

sRKgdVOw6qEwDAbJR1