Testing 236: Holiday Stability!

Down on d-pad to un equip things in both hands can be done in the same movement as putting your controller down. Not sure if you saw my comment or if you knew about that feature already.

Yeah I know but a human being can at times forget such a simple thing when there’s some urgency, an example for me for instance and I know some would probably want to berate me endlessly how bad it is yadayada and how easy it would be prevent it, but I can be the type of person that when needing to pee I go “yeah after this” and do that too long then suddenly there’s a really big urgency to go quickly :rofl:
Before anyone gets smart and tells me what I should do differently, this is just how I am, not everyone is the same blabla, plus in my current health situation getting up and going to bathroom isn’t the easiest and funnest to do so I naturally want to postpone it a little, hehe.

Anyway, the part you quoted is kinda out of context and we were kinda past finding ways to not make such a booboo. Besides, time and time again I did mention that I want it more for my public regen farms where putting away tools doesn’t work, but also said that I am ok if they consider it when they do an overhaul of the permissions one day…

3 Likes

I’d say I’ve had one mishap in the past 3 months, precisely because I tend to sheath my tools/weapons. On PC, it’s the W key. I guess on a subconscious level, I know better than using my machines or taking stuff out of my storage with my tools/weapons out.

Although, the whole point is, I realize some people don’t work like that, and I don’t fault them.
The example that got me was the one where something important gets you out of the game, when someone rings at your door, I get that it’s possible to drop everything and go see who it is without thinking of the in-game risks.
I’m certainly not gonna blame someone for having a mishap in that kind of situation.

I have felt insulted several times before by things Xal has said, things that were aimed “at no one in particular” and yet you know he must’ve had vaguely someone in mind, and for some reason, you might feel self-conscious about it and wonder if you were the target.

I recall the quite recent thread where Xal casually suggested that all the players who want ‘an easy button’ in the game should be packed together in a Creative Mode, suggesting they’re more like an annoyance to the rest of the playerbase.
I felt insulted by that remark because I could easily fit in that category of players, and he said it while debating one of my suggestion in a thread I wrote.
He didn’t apologized for that remark, no it was more like “I’m sorry you think you deserve an apology”
Indeed, it was my fault for taking it wrong, the way he phrased it wasn’t the problem! :roll_eyes:
And then, he has he gall to tell US that we should work on our communication style?
How many people telling you you’re doing something un-cool does it take to before you think “uh, maybe they’re onto something”?

And as a disclaimer, I know full well that I’m far from being the nicest person around, I know I often say things that are too harsh, and I’m always changing my posts when I feel like I’d written things that were ‘too much’. I’m also that guy who’s always making comparisons with other games like Creativerse or WoW (yeah, I hate when I do it too, I’m sorry for that).
That means I’m the last person who should be allowed to say any of this. Yet there are things that I read, surprizingly most of the time written by Xal, that just twitch my nerves.

I know it’s off to say it (hence the spoiler tag), but at one point I gotta say it, I always kinda feel bad when I see Xal mentioning how he’s having talks with the devs and how he knows things we don’t, or when he says “we will have to code that”, as if he was part of the dev-team, as if he earned that by skills. Unless I’m mistaken, it’s a perk he got via an EA tier he bought.
News flash, some of us also have experience in that domain.
As far as I’m concerned, I’ve been to a freakin’ video-game school, I’ve done actual video-game projects, I work on a daily basis on the Unreal Engine 4, I just spent the past week working on a fully functional level.

3 Likes

I guess this has already been studied by the developers and, therefore, that is why the pumps regenerate some resources and not others … for balance adjustment and that …

I have no opinion about other people’s tastes, as long as they don’t try to prevent others from doing things as they like to do them. Totalitarianism does not go with me …

Some players could have been playing game so many different version where there wasn’t stuff like regen bombs or 3x3 tools. And around release these things were still really new things. So maybe regen farms are seen by some long time players as exploit or when those are combined with something like chrysominter :smiley:

I, like probably most of current player base, think player made regen farms are nice clever, even if developers didn’t think use of regen bombs like we are now (I remember reading discussion, maybe it was just between players, where regen bombs would be nice for restoring look of destroyed area).

Those will bring something that can help other players and gives interactive meaning to some buildings. But adding chrysominter to this feels to me exploiting but I am trying to justify it as reward for wasted time for doing some dummy job :smiley:

And I think this sort of mechanic is feature that really fits for sandboxy game like Boundless is: expanding possibilities what to do in open world, instead of having that pointing arrow over head where to go.

On AZERTY :stuck_out_tongue: (Z QWERTY and probably Y on QWERTZ :smiley: )

1 Like

I think you have missed most of my posts on this and the regen topic. I am fine with regen if it is applied everywhere and rare items are removed. If not, then remove it.
Creating a fragmented model like they have causes other issues that lead to more problems. Fix the grind then… there are many reasons around why regen is bad and a search on the topic probably can catch you up better than a full response here. The “go find somewhere else” was to help people not accidentally ruin their build.

I said I was for beacon block in a full revision of permissions. I’m not being disrespectful of people’s time when I suggest they take 2 seconds to save them minutes/hours of work. I’m actually being very thoughtful by reminding them of options they have.

I don’t remember ever calling people clueless. If you have a post where I did that, please let me know and I can clarify or apologize. I did use a reference to calling people ignorant which some can see as offensive and others see it as being honest about what people know and don’t. Offense is really subjective especially when dealing with “text communication.”

I guess another feature request is in hand or maybe some work finally on permission structures.

1 Like

It may be a misunderstanding by the translator. Sorry for that.

1 Like

I know which other permission they can then add as well! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ducks

Yes this has been something they’ve been working on for roughly 5 months I think last time I remember it coming up in a discussion. But it is very “experimental” and people need to really try to take it that way. I think it will be a good direction based on the last chat I had about it but it will need lots of work and people need patience and not get pissed when this won’t be something perfect or for everyone’s appetite.

It is pretty ironic how you school me and demand I am “doing this or doing that” with the Devs when I share something and yet you go and do the same thing. There is this saying about “calling the kettle black” that reminds me of how you communicate sometimes.

Yeah I know how you feel about being taken out of context and people jumping down your throat when you say it sucks but give options.

It seems we are much closer to agreement on the ‘urgency’ of this need and how to approach the solution for the best win for all.

Yes, when the devs do other perms stuff then they might have a look if this takes a lot of time too.

I don’t think anyone here said that it had to be implemented yesterday, it was just a suggestion. The reason I replied to you in the way I did was simply because of how you tend to word things…

I know I’m also not the best at staying calm blabla, but I still feel that I am right in what I said that some things could have been said differently which would have caused less negative replies in this thread.

Well, I don’t do it in every other post like you often seem to do (note, this is a feeling I know you can prove it’s not every other post, haha) and right now this is about something that is gonna happen soon, at least, if all goes well. I know nothing at all about what it is, you perhaps do…

I really don’t think you are in a strong position to tell anyone anything about how they communicate when quite a few people have told you you could improve your own a lot :wink:

Basically I could throw that saying right back at ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

People way over reacted to the “lazy” word and missed ALL the other hints and words that I gave that I was for the change and “understood” the frustration behind that. Instead of reading my message they attacked back with the same junk I always get - “stop speaking for a dev” stop this stop that.

The difference is how people approach this situation versus myself. I do a lot of self-reflection whether you believe it or not. All I know is I don’t put forward my suggestions on “working on your communication style” or “focus on yourself” in the same way people do that to me. And I always only say that AFTER someone said it to me. Anyone that actually reads the messages will see a completely DIFFERENT way on how I approach this. You will see my comments usually come after an uncalled for comment by the other person.

In regards to you trying to slander my almost 30 years in IT, that completely speaks to why you don’t get “the nicest of words and the most respect” in how I approach you. Do I talk ■■■■ about your building – No. I support you and respect your efforts there. I bought that access to the Devs to make the game better for every person and not because I think I am better than others. I’ve done a lot of good with it because I can give an unbiased opinion. Many people I know are glad and thankful that someone can speak for them beyond the “hope and pray” that the Devs read a post.

If you are going to try to hold me accountable on how I talk in these forums then it would make more sense to do it when you weren’t using the selection of words you did. That really is the difference between us and why it is hard for us to communicate. I can’t solve the issue between us alone.

1 Like

[quote=“AeneaGames, post:189, topic:38521”]
I know I’m also not the best at staying calm blabla, but I still feel that I am right in what I said that some things could have been said differently which would have caused less negative replies in this thread.

Yes I could have picked a better word than lazy. But to be fair I did show in a few posts before things “blew up” that I understood the frustration and was for a change in a time I felt was better.

Did anyone that I was speaking too even acknowledge any of that or be honest that “yeah I know it is a quick change of tools but I just don’t want to” or anything that felt that at least they were hearing me and understanding my side? If they did it, it did not feel that way to me. So yeah I got more defensive especially after all the “speaking for the dev” stuff. I don’t need that thrown in my face because I don’t do that in the way it is being insinuated.

I truly do get the frustration when you hit something and destroy a build. I completely get that permissions suck on some level… but I also don’t know why making the decision to just not have those weapons seems so hard for people to accept. It feels very careless when someone knows something is dangerous and still does it. Especially when they know coding takes time and the odds in a change happening is very unlikely.

I think if someone could have explained that or even tried to without just giving more examples I probably would not have been as critical or standing this hard line.

1 Like

Oooff… Lots of animosity in this thread… How about a bucket of purified water everybody?

I believe the Dev’s need to try to fix the auto-smash button.
I also believe people need to be aware of the possibility of Auto-smash and try not to keep smashing tools equipped ALWAYS. Like @DKPuncherello mentioned, Many of us have learned to keep dual grapples equipped.

I have a different issue with going AFK.(I go afk ALOT) I come back to my screen and find myself in a completely new location. Like 100’s of blocks away. I think last time i was about 400 blocks away… And it’s not because I died.

I call the Bug Draugo. He’s a friend. But he knows im afk and drags me somewhere…I now grapple the ground before I go afk…

Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches until the Dev’s sober up from their gifts of brownies and liqueurs and get back to the 23 hour work days we have come to expect out of them to fix our minor inconveniences.

3 Likes

You’re once again going “it’s not me, it’s you guys”, so yeah, it’s pointless to argue.

Slander? Woah, seriously? That’s what you call slander? Dude, I didn’t say your IT experience was non-existent.

You brought it up in a way that clearly said “because I have 30 years in IT, my opînion is better than yours”.
Now sure, you’re going to say “no that’s not what I said, it’s your fault for seeing it like that, you are over-reacting”, but it’s still how it ended-up.

What does that have to do with anything? Did I mention my build? No.
It has nothing to do with any of this. You can talk sh!t about it if you want, but it would be off-topic.

Truth is, in every single recent suggestion I made, you came and cr@pped all over it, and I do try to be nice about it and find ways to change the original suggestion, to make compromises. Still, I’ve had my fill of arguing with you (specifically) on my suggestions, so I’ve dialed waaaay back on writing more of them, recently.

Now, one thing I will admit is that I didn’t read this entire thread. I legitimately didn’t know you were ok with the suggestion, and I personally wasn’t commenting on that.
What I did read was the comments where you 100% were being judgemental.
It’s not that people over-reacted to the lazy/careless comments. It’s just that you shouldn’t have said these things in the first place.
Same way my whole message in spoiler-tag was going too far (and still, I feel it was needed).
Same way that other comment where you said this :

2 Likes

Lately I call him James! Beware of devs! :joy:

Not a proper family holiday meal without a good argument at the dinner table!

And I burned the Roadrunner, so the meal will kinda stink too, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll throw it in the deep fryer next time.

Love y’all! :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

I call him Super James flys around like Superman

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.