Testing 241: Beacon Reclaims!

Vector graphics can be highly detailed - they are scalable and retain their quality since they are mathmatical with nodes (unlike pixelated art that loses quality as it’s scaled up or down). Boundless-specific emojis are coming in the future.

2 Likes

So when can we suspect a @Jiivita video on emojis (O.O)

1 Like

I think this is a far assumption, really. Some places will be loud of course, but they likely already are or will be using gleam, LEDs, etc.

The wood/stone signs are much less in-your-face and should appeal to a lot of people I would guess. And eventually the more boundless themed emotes will be coming (SoonTM) and should be pretty nifty.

2 Likes

No you would have :poop: :poop: the release!!!

kidding with you.

Edit: but I agree with the point.

2 Likes

Lol it’s an emoji apocalypse :comet:

Sure the don’t exactly fit the current art style but I for one am excited to get my :mountain: seen wall hanging ^^

Boundless centric emojis would have been great but generating all that from scratch takes a lot of time… maybe these are mere place holders… maybe they aren’t? Maybe they just scrap the whole idea since so many seem unhappy with them? Who knows!

I think they would at least add the oort glyphs but only the dev’s know when… :oort_h::oort_y::oort_p::oort_e:

5 Likes

:boundless: :100::100::100:

2 Likes

My ash collection will be practically worthless now!! :joy:

IMG_1213

3 Likes

Here’s a few things I’ve done so far that I think look okay.

25 Likes

how did you dare make a good use example for emojis when they clearly dont fit the game!

Love the plates but the TV loses inmersion with 2 sings :’(

3 Likes

Very :sunglasses: :+1: ideas

7 Likes

Yeah I wish all the notched corners were gone on the scenery so you can put more together. Seamlessly.

Couple more ideas. I really like the fish tank.

Also wish the speakers could be front facing so they could be used. My speaker are large and small letter “o”

17 Likes

Awesome stuff!! :smiley: Gonna have to borrow those ideas! I was definitely thinking of aquarium possibilities here - that looks great! :+1:

7 Likes

Yeah there’s definitely some cool stuff we’ll be able to create. But there’s a lot that will have no real use. But maybe some of those can be removed and replaced with more relevant emojis at some point.

8 Likes

Well, if I had to vote on adding just one, would like the Reapers to have a real killer Reaper emoji! :grin:

4 Likes

The death penalty would be a nice add. Or just a better skull. Lol. :man_shrugging: Either way. There’s a bunch to work with.

1 Like

This looks too much like actual decor

Total destruction of the game :smirk:

6 Likes

If only everyone uses it nicely and responsibly…

So, not sure this isnt just the cynic in me, and in honesty I am all for ways to increase the games revenue because it means it carries on…but isnt the addition of emojis just being used as a tool to get people to buy GC?

I know that there are a LOT better reasons why you should buy GC, but I certainly think this is a factor and probably not a small one.

If you want money, much better way. Give us rental planets and take my money lol

2 Likes

Pretty epic emoji usage there @georgegroeg :+1:t2:

I still don’t personally see the need to remove any unless they get abused or could be considered offensive. Just keep adding to the collection! Who’s to decide what belongs and what doesn’t? More options the better, honestly. Don’t like a particular emoji? Don’t use it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

As always the potential for abuse is there but honestly I don’t foresee much of that outside of what could truly be considered offensive or griefing. I mean, we can already write just about anything we want on signs… good or bad… and we don’t even need gleamclub for that. :joy:

5 Likes

Well if there is no limit to the number of emojis then yes just add more. But if there is. Then get rid of ones that aren’t needed to make room for more relevant emojis is what I’m saying.

1 Like