Emoji blues

I mean this could be a door way to an amazing sticker system. I could see placing cracks on walls and racing stripes to ships.

6 Likes

I kinda feel the same, but it can bring a totally new type of city build. Something like high tech city vibe which is not bad at all.

I think we will not see them everywhere aswell.

The future will only tell us what eill happen with this.

On the other hand i start to starve from some actually gameplay news.

The glass pane is neat stuff but it is something you play with 5 min and its done.

9 Likes

Basically what Gorilla said. I don’t think we’ll see the emojis everywhere and, quite frankly, I like them. That said, I’m just really starved for Boundless news.

8 Likes

This is exactly why I think we should not get single new mob updates.

1 Like

will definitely be using it

3x3 and 2x2 glyphs, GUI icons and Boundless items (creatures, tools, items, foods, etc) will also be added to the rich-text system. We did the emojis first because they’re low-hanging fruit (and they were also requested regularly by players).

Some players can make ugly stuff (as before), some players will make cool stuff (as before).

I’m looking forward to the cool stuff.

I think some of the emojis look super cool on the stone signs.

27 Likes

before you know we get animated emojis on signs! …(one can only wish)

1 Like

Yah I’m not trying to make a big deal over it. Just looks to much like real life to me.
Disclaimer: I’m just a guy with an opinion

6 Likes

Exactly, think positive!

People were deadset against Creative Mode too, what a waste of resources I heard but it’s all a part of getting rental planets out there!

Getting nice SVG icons on signs is just the start of more. We might even be able to design our own and upload them and then later on the same system can be used for the stickers they’ve talked about before…

2 Likes

archeage is using such feature (image upload for signs or flags)

1 Like

New Vegas here I come!!!

2 Likes

Sure lets release it because we never have any issues with players being angry if they try to change something once it is released. Lets not make sure it is a good idea before we add it.

Yah the more I think about it this could lead to some pretty cool things. I guess it all starts with a little yellow face :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

While I was mainly looking forward to the skull emoji. And a few others. I am pretty disappointed in the way it looks.

I still think emojis can be used in interesting ways and I have some cool ideas. And it’s a cool addition for gleam club. I just hope some emojis get changed and more Boundless emojis get added.
I’m going to wait till they are released and see if I can change some to my liking as well.

Glass signs and reclaim system are an awesome additions!

3 Likes

cookie comment incoming…

5 Likes

Probably only see :cookie: everywhere mean Baby Cookie was there Mwahahaha but can’t see me using the other emojis for anything dough (^-^)

5 Likes

When this is done, would it be possible to have the images files accesible in someway. I would like to use these and pretty sure some would use in website etc.

4 Likes

I feel ya.
I wanted emojis as part of text, with limited size. The ability to create huge ones can defo alter the landscape.
I agree the overall atmosphere of Boundless will be changed and might make the game feel less like itself and more like some random sandbox (a sandbox that only aims at providing maximum possible building/deco options). If the emojis were chiseled to Boundless connected shapes, it would be great.

ESPECIALLY THOSE I don’t like being in Boundless: a car, a plane, thermometer and all earthly technology objects

3 Likes

THIS is what I was hoping for! This makes it all worth it. Thank you for letting us know. :smiley:

3 Likes

I would rather have them only, and no normal earthly internet/mobile/social media collection of emojis like poo.
All basic smileys (sad, happy, lol, frown etc.) could be made look like Boundless avatars, the same thumb up/down etc. could be our avatars hands and not the typical yellow ones.
And so on.

7 Likes