Quick preview of the new glass signs & emojis

25 Likes

Thank you so much for the great preview, love these so much! :smiley: I’ll be having a lot of fun with this for sure later (some of it bound to be pretty silly, haha)! :wink:

Put a link to your video in the 241 Testing thread on the Reddit. :slight_smile: Boundless just keeps getting more awesome!

4 Likes

:blush: tysm :kissing_heart:

The glass signs are gonna be awesome too…when you put text on them with certain colors, they look like neon signs lol

I’m thinking of several ways to use these new emoji :thinking:

1 Like

At first glance I was thinking that emojis would really take me out of the game aesthetic. In a sense it will, seeing a bunch of cartoons splashed around as some folks will. Might find a fun way to use them as art, though. More things to decorate walls with, etc. Overall, new content is good. Keep it up!

8 Likes

Unfortunately I have to agree. But I’ll wait and see :slight_smile: as you say, I’m sure it’ll bring new possibilities

4 Likes

Let’s hope only @BabyCookie wants to make giant 90x90 murals…:roll_eyes::rofl:

@Buugi :finland: ?

2 Likes

Felt like i went through a “Blackberry 2012 Teenagers Chat” wormhole haha. Awesome job testing them though. I hope they dont reduce my immersion or take me out of the game atmosphere. I am sure we will have some neighbors with big faces and flowers and what not lol. Too bad i already built my new base with windows all around so ill have to live with it xD.

One question though. Are these modules glass panes themselves or do you stick them on glass panes/blocks? Thanks.

3 Likes

These are going to be the new gleam towers lol

2 Likes

New gleam and LED towers* haha. Oh God :sob:.

2 Likes

They are definitely fun & bright :sunglasses:

I’m sure some guilds/groups might not be interested in them if they clash with their aesthetic…& that’s cool. Just like some groups ask that people refrain from pixel art, LEDs, etc. Some people prefer a dark medieval aesthetic, some a more natural one, some prefer a modern/sci-fi look…something here for everyone :blush::blush::blush:

I think this is a step in the right direction - by them adding some content that is pure fun & cosmetic, while giving the team a boost in GC numbers (hopefully). They can be used to label things, hide them behind doors for surprises, fun decor, etc.

The new edgeless glass signs will be a great addition, as well as spark, beacon reclaim, etc etc. Lots of good things to come. :+1:

4 Likes

There are new edgeless glass sign modules. Just like current signs, they can be used alone, with text, or with the new emoji…

The emoji stickers can’t be placed on glass panes or glass alone, just on modules/signs.

1 Like

Totally agreed!! :+1: Big things I’m looking forward to with it are what it will add to games within the game, and humor - fun surprises and jokes for people to find. :slight_smile: I love to explore builds for their beauty… but what really adds on so much: when somebody makes me laugh. Truly, things like what I’ll see in places like the Reapers’ builds that crack me up, can really brighten and change the whole tone of my day… and see a lot of potential for these to be used in clever ways!

2 Likes

yes, them lil yellow faces displaying emotions half of which I don’t even understand :robot: can make one’s skin crawl if overused, the ‘object’, ‘food’, activities’ and ‘symbol’ categories have some really useful pictures in them for both information and design purposes.
overall a good thing, I think

4 Likes

Am i the only one who thought after seeing this
“What the banana”

3 Likes

Nah, they’ve been talking about it for awhile :wink:
They even asked ppl which emoji they wanted added

Would be great if they would fix the chat first where you use the emojis

3 Likes

@Kelmat @Trickyy90 @Apt @Buugi @RedY3 @Cuetzpalomitl …

I was playing around with the signs and didn’t realize I had only used the new illuminated glass…the emojiis look much more muted & toned down on wood signs…might be nice for those that don’t like the bright colors?

@Orrian I can’t wait for the hunter too :relaxed:

17 Likes

Oh, I most definitely like this application. Illuminated is not my worry, just the massive billboards some will employ won’t fit my grumpy old man style.

7 Likes

Thank you for showing the possibilities.
So many nice things that can be done with them. I am just hoping the world does not turn into an awaken chat room.

4 Likes