Testing 241: Beacon Reclaims!

I feel this is not a bad at all, just add a new market for spark for people who don’t want to wait for it. Then someone can focus on generating it first then sell it that way.

2 Likes

Someone still has to put fuel into a generator to make spark. Even if they sell it or use it in a different workshop, the effort to make it is the same, the effort, resource cost and time to create does not change with the changed mechanic. How is this any different than any case where a player can buy something versus putting in the effort to make it themselves?

4 Likes

I keep hard coal for my furnaces, anything else, even wood trunks, go into spark gens! Burn baby burn!

I really don’t think we should be worried about this. It has already once been converted the slow way, you also can lose some spark with it (only multiples of 1000 spark you get back), it’s not a replacement for the hard to make fuels, it’s this fast with way less wear because the slow way and all the wear has already been done. In fact it could’ve been instant without any wear whatsoever but they decided against that. I rather like the idea of this, I can save a bunch of spark in storage for the occasion that I need it really fast, heck if I don’t have any more in storage at such a moment I can go out and buy.

I see it as any other crafted item, making a teaching pie takes a lot of work why do we allow people to sell them? Simply because it’s faster and not everyone wants to do it the slow way, this will be the same, someone else already has gone to the trouble of collecting a fuel source and making spark out of it…

3 Likes

One thing i can see, if it was the intent to make it sellable i just fell the mechanic isn’t right.

The spark generator should have a slot where the spark item stack in like the furnace so you can either remove it to sell it or let it inside for use without breaking it.

4 Likes

Yeah at this point they should just add a button to remove multiples of 1000 spark from it. Anything remaining can then still remain in the spark gen too

4 Likes

Exactly this. If the procedure is annoying and everybody is going to do it anyway, fix the procedure. An annoying procedure is never a deterrent.

This? It’s less a fuel and more like a battery >.>

3 Likes

Starting to wonder how big the next update is going to be :open_mouth: Are we getting everything at one time?
Fuel spark
Beacon compactness
Shields?
Beacon reclaim
Some …errr… other things…

2 Likes

Not shields, but the rest, yes :wink:

3 Likes

Pantstitans!!

2 Likes

Lol and then Titans got pants centuries before oortians did

1 Like

I don’t see the issue here. Just curious how much people are planning on selling the new spark for?

0.01c per 1 spark? Is that the cheapest one can price an item in a shop stand?

Well the base “item” for spark is 1000 spark in a single spark thing.

Edit: so seem like 1 SS of these new items would = 900,000 spark for a gen

Edit 2: if memory serves, 1 SS of compact peat is 450,000 spark… so would 1 of these be equal to the price of 2 compact peat + whatever value you put on the time saved? I guess in the end, items are worth what someone is willing to pay anyway.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for the info. I will plan my spark shop stand accordingly… lol

But seriously, if players want to create spark and sell it as the optimal energy for spark generators, what is wrong with that? Factor in the time you take to gather the original fuel (or the price you pay for it), the compacting, the repairing of machines, the repairing of the spark generators, the time and effort involved in doing it all and breaking machines etc… if someone is willing to sell that effort at a similar price to normal fuel then I will buy it for sure to save some time and effort.

Agreed :+1:

I kurious who’s building electric company’s and powerlines for the new Spark item lol

2 Likes

Please elaborate! What did you hear?

I am kinda hoping they also add a few things that aren’t too complicated to make, like I recently read that not all metals can be used for ornate doors even tho one can give them to yourself on Testing/Creative so it’s just a matter of adding a recipe. Perhaps some other smaller items like this that are easy enough to do. No idea how quickly one can create a great looking texture but would be wonderful if we could get some more wood/rock/brick/deco/anything textures!

And I’ve also heard some rumours about stuffs, no idea when, what, where tho

1 Like

Well I’m not planning on selling them, but I did set up a few sets of spark gens which are not connected to anything in my workshop and I am throwing in anything that can create spark into them. Once the update hits I can then convert the contents to these spark items and store them for when I suddenly need a lot of spark quickly!

Thanks for the idea. In dumb and was waiting for the update to start doing that lol

1 Like

Personally, I consider spark at 0.009 c a very good price, or 9c / 1000 spark

That means fuel at the following price is an immediate buy for me if I find it in a shop

fuel price
compact hard coal 135
compact coal 40.5
compact soft coal 13.5
compact peat 4.5
hard coal 18.3
medium coal 5.4
soft coal 1.8
peat 0.6

From the gleam b.a.l.l.s we know that it’s possible to farm 100000 blocks per hour and it should be even easier to farm as much peat - and you get earthyams (cook for XP) or waxy earthyams (mint for 2c) for free.

Compacting this peat and converting it to spark is worth at least 60000 c per hour.

Now, uncompacted peat has the problem that it’s incredible annoying to transport if you buy or sell it and compacted peat isn’t the preferred fuel source for most. People prefer to buy coal. But by being able to convert it to the new spark item, this will probably be the new rage for botters for replacing gleam farming. This will reduce the price of spark (I personally won’t mind :-)) and will lessen the value of mining because if fuel gets cheaper so will coal.