Testing 241: Beacon Reclaims!

I’ll like to see a minimum age of a beacon before it will get reclamed, so that people cant use the unclame and replace campfire + beacon exploited

8 Likes

This would help with the abuse as well.

1 Like

Yeah, get outta here, cloud storage!
ⁱ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵇᵃᶜᵏᵖᵃᶜᵏˢ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ

2 Likes

Yeah, reclaim only after minimum fuel use. Meaning the 4 weeker, this makes sense. What about accidental button pushes though? Does that happen?

good job to all the devs!
@james
my questions are
how long will the items be stored on cloud storage?
what will happen if the owner deletes a character but yet has items stored in the cloud?

do they expire to at some point?

maybe after a while, the items get put up for auction! haha
like an online auction house
( i bet i fueled some people right now to create this in-game)

Master beacon?

How about a coin cost instead of a cubit cost?

Or give people one free reclaim per month

Scenario: say I have an old large base next to someone’s active build. They ask if I can move my base. I don’t use that base any more and would be happy to move it. However, I recently refueled the beacon and have 15 weeks left. If I have to pay cubits, I’m definitely not going to do them a favor and reclaim my base if I have to pay RMT. I would just make them wait 15 weeks. If I have to pay coin, at least they could pay me the coin.

6 Likes

And that’s exactly the same as if you harvested the goo before it’s mature or when removing the block it was on isn’t it?

So don’t see how this can be abused

5 Likes

Well, then there goes my plan to split up my huge beacon at Nova Golda so I can keep parts of it but reclaim other parts. If I have to wait weeks before I can reclaim then that makes no sense to do at all…

4 Likes

I think this is another good example of why one free reclaim per month would be good.

2 Likes

Ok Now we’re are the Fun Things James-chan

1 Like

Why someone would claim base to get seeds. Sounds heavy work to setup farm again and play with lava :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, once rental planets come out I wanna move my workshop to one, but it’s partly on my main beacon so I had the idea to split it up in multiple beacons so I could reclaim the workshop parts…

Also the whole idea of being limited by how often you can reclaim feels bad to me. I have all these old Portal/Farm hubs on T5+ planets, I want to reclaim them all but not if they are gonna cost me cubits or anything else which I dislike the idea of quite a lot :frowning:

Almost starting to think this is just meant for those people who forget to fuel or take extensive breaks, nothing else :frowning:

5 Likes

@james

Before deciding to put a cost to the reclaim feature using cubits, please know that for instance in my case I expected the feature to be handy to reclaim beacons on many planets without having to manually tear them apart. I can use the plots for other things but if the cost of reclaiming is going to cost me cubits which I then can not use to buy more plots this is something that I won’t be doing so I will leave them as is taking up unnecessary space…

Also: first uneven Testing release number?

4 Likes

Is the reclame system not be for those who forgot to fuel a beacon and not for demolition or other uses?
or is it just me that sees it that way :thinking:.

(I do have the player owned planets in mind for those who wanna move when saying this)
I do get that it would be awesome to have a sysem that picks up every item instead of doing it by myself, but I dont think that it is intended with this system otherwise they would just add it as a option.

Still if I have had gleam club and 2 of my large builds expire at the same time that would suck which is why the beacon age is a better ide is better I think :heart:

1 Like

I will finally feel comfortable inviting friends to the game with this feature. It would no longer feel like “once your done, YOUR DONE”

4 Likes

I’ve read this a bunch of times and am too dense to grasp what it means. Help?

These two seem to contradict themselves, I assume the 2nd is a typo?

2 Likes

I think they are worried about abuse. People using reclaim as a method of mining or farming.

I don’t think either method would be especially viable. Building a farm takes too much work to reclaim-harvest. Mining might make some sense, but it should be easy enough to exclude natural blocks from that world from reclaim - which I think would be preferable to charging for reclaim. Perhaps only prevent natural blocks of the world’s color from reclaiming - so that your home built of umbris seams would get properly reclaimed along with those seams.

I don’t think WS fully considered that reclaim might be used in a positive way by people who didn’t forget their beacons - for removing 20 builds from 20 planets, reducing clutter.

1 Like

My workshop is huge. I want to move it to a rental planet when available. Right now I can not reclaim the entire beacon it’s on because then most of Nova Golda would be gone so I wanted to put the workshop plots on a separate beacon, lots of work to do so, but still I figured it would be less work than to manually tear it all down and move everything one inventory at a time.

So this IS about moving planets for me…

And James did say that this is one of the use cases for it but if there are too many restrictions it won’t work in every use case which is a shame…

2 Likes

I get that, but if they restrict it too much then it will also become way less useful in non abusive cases…

4 Likes