Testing 241: Beacon Reclaims!

I’ve had this one saved so long that I forgot where it even came from (prob at least 15 years)… not sure if it could be used but will throw it out there, seems perfect for you! :wink:

grim

4 Likes

And I thought LED’s were an overused eyesore…wonder how long before every mall is covered in emojis

5 Likes

Dunno…I’m up to 80 sign modules so far and it’s still going lol

10 Likes

Trying to connect the sign glass panes to regular ones isn’t as straight forward since both use different methods of determining placement.

Also, sadly it’s kinda not possible I think (limited testing, need food) to make sure one can use them on both sides.
At times I want a pane to be at the front of a voxel cube, other times at the back, depending on what I’m trying to achieve, but there’s only one way to connect the pane signs to them and that means what is considered the front facing part of the sign might be inside my building.
Would love an UI toggle to flip the side where the text is displayed!

Also, they do not connect seamlessly to normal glass panes:

:rofl: In the screenshot here it’s barely visible, but it’s a 4k screenshot and it’s 1 pixel wide, zoomed in:

In-game it was a continuous line tho…

4 Likes

James, the tease, PM’d me this on Friday eve:

9 Likes

Yeah, I need to take that sign and stick it in the Jand Fels rift hotspots… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Muahaha. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

They do not seem to be meshes so far I think? But there is still the regular size limit of the amount of sign modules I noticed, shame, I always wanna go bigger! :joy:

Close-up

Some of the small, individual signs:

Signs can be seen from the front, side, underwater, through glass panes, through glass blocks…
just not from the back

4 Likes

I was noticing that too…I don’t think they are meshes…this could get interesting lolol

6 Likes

What was the limit? The one cookie sign I’m making out of modules, is up to 80 together so far.
If it’s not mesh & they say they used vector art, it can be any size (only limit would be the world chunks & your plots) :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m Super Excited :cookie: Kingdom

2 Likes

So your tease came with a slice of cheese! :wink:

3 Likes

I think I found the limit…seems to be 100 :grinning:

4 Likes

this is all a very interesting development :boundless:
wondering if this might eventually lead to a facilitate the use of user-made stickers/art, though probably not due to the need for moderation oversight, but maybe a wider range of vetted home grown textures etc would be possible

6 Likes

Is there a reason that material that has already been converted to spark has to be converted to spark?

2 Likes

People saying it was broken

It wasn’t broken, they just somehow felt it was, the conversion was already done once…

3 Likes

Yes I liked the idea of not paying time twice

3 Likes

I Went From patience to Panic I want the :cookie: ‘’’'D: can we please have a educated guess on release (Q.Q)

3 Likes

they are not technically meshes, but they “do” count towards the mesh limit still as signs still have extra bandwidth requirements and rendering costs that a plain voxel does not have.

7 Likes