Testing 241: Beacon Reclaims!

Yeah, so why not give them more tools to do even better poo stuff?

Eh. What Stretchious said.

Same with all the potentially offensive emojis. Why not remove them from the list?! Why keep the middle-finger? Who’s going to make something positive with it?
Why keep all the religious emojis?

What’s the list of emojis that you think should be removed?

2 Likes

:eggplant::cucumber::peach::fu: :banana::peanuts:

6 Likes

Waiting for the one who lists all the emojis lol.

This ones probably shouldnt be in sings :face_vomiting::poop: :fu:

Edit:

Changed my mind with poop emoji. It can stay I will use it for my ice cream shop.

4 Likes

D: I say keep Da :poop: I got alot of funny ideas for that 1 but all the others yesh those bad lol

1 Like

Make it pink and Im in :grimacing::laughing:

2 Likes

I think it would make more sense to list of all of the ones that actually make sense in the Boundless universe - many of then don’t imo.

7 Likes

I disagree - the list of emojis Luca posted is huge. Let people have fun if they want to :blush:
Without fun we wouldn’t have LED blocks, candy totems, unicorn horn & scuba mask wearables, etc.

7 Likes

Again, it’s comparing apples to oranges.
The things you’re listing aren’t subject to be offensive. Stop acting like we’re saying “remove the fun things”, seriously! And for the Nth time, these things were designed by Wonderstruck, while the emojis weren’t!

The religious symbols can definitely be the cause of issues.
The middle-finger is definitely meant to be offensive.
Stuff like that : :star_of_david: :latin_cross: :star_and_crescent: :fu:
Are those “fun” additions ?! You see someone put-up a sign with a middle-finger targeted at your place, would you be like “oh, that’s a fun use of emojis :grin:!”?
Most likely, you’d be like “I’m going to report that!”.
But then, why even add the middle-finger emoji?!

4 Likes

I agree that the religious emojis can go, and obviously the middle finger, same with the icons often used to represent certain body parts that major linked. I’d be fine ditching the poo, too (but maybe not everyone is).

James did ask above what should be removed, so it’s good to bring up specific problem emojis.

2 Likes

I might have missed it but are the skin tone options included?
EDIT: Oops, didn’t mean this as a direct reply.

You’re more than welcome to disagree… I’m just disheartened that an indie game, with the heart and polish of a AAA title is going to look like a mobile phone game.

All these things actually fit into the Boundless universe - they’ve been specifically designed for the Boundless universe. The emojis have not - they look tacky.

Honestly, if I were in a QA position, I would have poo-pooed the release as it lacks continuity in art direction.

6 Likes

I think he said all of that will be excluded.

I love art and building, and the emoji addition presents to me a lot of new awesome ideas :smiley:

4 Likes

I read through a lot of comments, but I only have 15 min so I did not get through all. Please forgive me if this has already been asked/suggested.

@james
Suggestion
Similar to free character point wipes, you get 3 free reclaims. After that you have to purchase additional reclaims. This gives both an immediate option to use once it is introduced and also makes it a very serious endeavor to just go around reclaiming things.

Concerns
Exoplanets & campfires/bringing up to 63 large gleam chests to put in that plot and potentially having over 2,500 spaces to put what you farm. This could yank the value of farmed items from exo plants. (Or any planet really)
Reclaiming and the ash structure left behind. So currently I have no white ash in normal worlds. But I have white marble and other colors in my base. After I reclaim is the ash lootable? Or does it get destroyed. This could be used in a way to artificially generate ash in any color. Perhaps the structure defaults to the closest color provided on our normal planets. Or once you try to remove the ash it defaults to the color of ash on that planet. Similar to expired gleambow meteors.

That is all I can think of atm. I love this update, thank you so much!

I do disagree. Adding more things to the game will appeal to a broader range of players…& possibly more towards kids. Nothing wrong with that imo. As James said, adding basic emojis (as people have been asking for - for awhile) was easy, low-hanging fruit and they will add Boundless-specific emojis soon.

Who invented the text that we use on signs? Sure wasn’t ancient Oortians…they have a diff language entirely, but we use Earthly letters/text in-game anyway :wink: :boundless:

4 Likes

Well technically LED blocks exist so that is part of Boundless so an emoji is ok.
Candy totems are ok because we have candy canes.

Unicorn would be put on hold and added once we bring in Boundless Mythical creatures…

And I heard that in 2021 we are having underwater stuff like scuba, krakens, fish, etc… Yup saw it on that roadmap as high priority! :open_mouth: So add the mask emoji then.

2 Likes

I know you are joking with your post, but I say…add it alllll!!! yeeeeeee :grin::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

No, just no.

You can’t place campfires on exo’s

And we will worry about it when people start abusing it.

Yes

Can we please stop with asking for changes now? I wanna enjoy the actual update before I die, thanks!

5 Likes

I thought you can’t plot on Exo and chests were mesh limits so there is a limit to how many in a chunk.

The ash is wild so it can be farmed…