[RESOLVED] Testing 241: Reclaim not accessible from pre-update beacon

During my stream on Saturday night, I manually initiated a reclaim process on a beacon placed earlier in the day, but it then did not show up in the Reclaim tab on my pre-existing beacon control (which was placed back when farming was first on test).

When placing a completely new beacon control (including fresh plots), the reclaimed beacon is accessible from the new controls reclaim tab as expected.

Probably related to this issue - Testing 241: Forge Output issue

there is no difference between an old or new beacon for what is shown as available to reclaim, you likely just didnt wait long enough for it to show up in the list? there is a small delay (N seconds) between the beacon expiring and it becoming available to reclaim (the action-log states when it becomes available with the name of the beacon)

Forgot to mention, the server did also crash (or at least I was kicked from the server) before the reclaim process finished… so that could also be a factor in it.

Here’s a link to the vod - I reclaimed this 2nd beacon about 55:30 into the stream…

After getting kicked and logging back in, I went to try to reclaim at around 58:55 and then tried placing another beacon control (within the same plots, made it master etc) at 59:30 and it still wasn’t available.

Edit: trust Twitch to show an image of me with my mouth open :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

most likely then you fell into a crack where it just didnt refresh the data well enough.

the available reclaims are refreshed every 30 minutes, when you log in, and when the status of one of your tracked beacons changes (eg becomes expired when previously not), presumably is a little issue somewhere in there causing it to not force a refresh after seeing an expiration be hit.

you got the action-log after re-login showing the beacon is expiring, and then that it has finished expiring, which would normally be followed by a refresh of the reclaim availability and then show an action log to say “beacon X has now got a reclaim available”, but not happened in this case; I can see why it probably wouldnt trigger the refresh in this case, but its a bit of an edge case requiring that you log into the game with a beacon currently expiring, but very shortly before completing its expiration.

I just tested again - and it appears this is working as normal from the original pre-update beacon. The reclaim was available pretty much immediately after I triggered it.

I guess the issue with the previous one must have been caused by the server kicking me offline part way through.