Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

So what you’re saying is Black gleam is tied to Gleambow racing

It seems like they alluded to this but they definitely haven’t made a definitive statement on whether some colors will never come up or just take forever to come up - and Luca’s argument seems to pour more cold water on the possibility.

Can’t say I’m too excited about that.

2 Likes

@Ratchel
This is what I think it means too - I could be wrong though.

ie: if we’ve seen fuchsia foliage on perm planets, we can select that for our rental.
If we’ve seen cobalt rocks on perm planets, we can select that for our rental.

It was said that there is a chance (unknown %) of a color appearing on a rental that we haven’t seen before.

1 Like

I believe also saw above that certain colors are tied to certain categories, such as gleambow and exos and live. So using black gleam as an example it has only been seen during gleambow events so it’s obviously tied to that category, it could possibly be also tied to live spawn category and we just haven’t seen it yet since new live planets only spawn when it’s needed for I think game population. With that in mind we could have a small % possiblity of spawning a black gleam rental.

1 Like

But is it per type of rock/foliage. Ie since black rock is present we can put it as any type of rock or is it tied to the type of rock(think meta)

1 Like

So, quoting out from another thread:

This implies to me that no colors are hard blocked from being selected by the RNG over all.

However:

So some colors are very unlikely to ever be selected, especially in the lower tiers.

Some good news:

So if there’s no artificial limit (blacklisting), and gleam can select any initial hue, @James has implied that a black gleam planet is possible. Maybe not even weighted against.

It took 500 worlds in rapid fire to see over 200 colors. It’s not clear to me whether this variation is per block type or not.

For those who want to roll for colors:

If you can lock the color in a gem profile, it should be selectable for planets of any profile/tier afterwards, right?

So we have the implication that every color of gleam is possible, and a tip on how to most efficiently roll the RNG for new colors.

11 Likes

So everyone get a gem planet!!!

2 Likes

Jeez, don’t encourage then. Building a game designed to hoover up money from those with more of it than sense sounds like a great way to build a bad game.

We need to be encouraging games companies to build games that regular people want to pay for, because that’s (generally) a sign that it’s good.

Following this game’s development has become like playing a lottery. You buy your tickets, then sit back and wonder about all the potential that comes from winning the big prize. And then week after week, you rarely even win the smallest prize, let alone a big one. Lol.

4 Likes

The difference in whales in this game vs whales in other games is if you decide to spend a ton on spawning a bunch of planets, everyone reaps the benefits. Honestly this was the best way they could implement the color system though. Giving us all the colors at once completely erases months of work by the devs creating exos, gleambow, goo farming, etc. as well as the players who grinded goo/gleambow for profit. Now they have a chance to slowly adjust to those rare colors becoming available.

I have more hope we will see all the colors now that spawning is in our control vs relying on exos to spawn, which sometimes wouldn’t happen for weeks at a time.

5 Likes

This smells way too much like Electronic Arts loot magic. This implication, combined with the hard data that some folks have graciously compiled, makes the odds of desirable colors very low, and the odds of RNG-world-spinning frustration very high.

And I know we might all technically benefit if someone else goes ahead and buys the winning lottery ticket for us, but… Honestly, who here wants to wait 2 more years to cycle through another 1/3 of the possible colors? And who’s actually eager to take one for the team? And why should we feel good about having to put fellow players in that position?

4 Likes

Wish i could join testing but im busy in real that I do not have enough time to play and do testing at the same time

Is there anything you wanted to try or were curious about?

1 Like

Mostly world seed generating, but I do watch videos or check all the info the current testers post to gain info out of it, was just nice to play around as wel. I should have the living room finished by next week and see if its still useful to start to join testing.
But thanks for asking

2 Likes

I’ve been open about taking one for the team depending on price point of the worlds. Lol. But it is purely for my benefit since I want certain colors and don’t expect someone else to try and find the colors I want lol. So it’s just a side benefit that everyone else potentially wins.

3 Likes

This is message many of us have been looking for. Reason why something is designed to work certain way. It is just hard to find these pieces from middle of long topics later :smiley:

1 Like

I was waiting for this a long time.
We have Control wich player can plot.
Wich tier the planet
But no control over all colors, Sound more like a lootbox, when you have luck you becom new color.
I dont Like lootboxes.

Then i will keep my Money

2 Likes

Since when has this game been all about the colours? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Build, hunt, laugh, enjoy playing :heart:

Can’t wait to create Planet Spood!!!

5 Likes

There are players the have not much time = the have not the coins for buy all the sprays etc .

I will create a planet wich nice colors, all players can then come and farm the stuff , this is Community friendly.

I dont care about coins; we work for the Community

2 Likes

All the upset come from crazy focus on colors as most valuable part of sovereign worlds (or entire game).

Sovereign worlds weren’t created as color providers. It’s not their primary function.

5 Likes

It’s Boundless tradition to go into an uproar on the testing thread :joy:. But also the best time to voice our opinions about the direction we want the game to go in regards to this testing phase. Ultimately it’s up to the devs if they want to listen to us or not. But this is the perfect time for suggestions like the ability to completely turn off the color recipe for more new color options in our initial pallet.

5 Likes