Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

The World works, i find no issue again. Good Work Wonderstruck.

I really hope there will be limits imposed on players (actually, unique accounts) in terms of how many worlds can be purchased at once and some cooldown periods before buying more (for those who keep dropping previously purchased worlds).

Otherwise our lovely Boundless universe will become a Giant Shredder. :open_mouth:

1 Like

If the system design encourages it, it’s not exactly going to be a surprise if it happens.

2 Likes

Will there be a cap on the # of planets a user can have active at any given time?

Will users be allowed to buy and toss as many planets in a row as they want to?

Will un-used planets be deleted or will they remain for XX days?

What if the player tells you they are 100% sure they don’t want the planet anymore? Will it still be saved for XX days?

4 Likes

i won’t get a sovreign world if it isn’t 5$.

1 Like

I have a hard time seeing it be that low, $10-15 is more likely. Even if it was $25 I’ll probably still get a couple.

2 Likes

i do too. i just want 1 world though.

they would remain

11 Likes

why not a trial period for sovereign worlds? 7 days sovereign trial so people can try out all the cool features with a single trial world.

Oh wow that’s fantastic, thank you!

After I did see updated warp interface I have been missing it on Live. This is my main reason why I hope update would come fast :smiley:

So I did not get on to build multiple named beacons with items in them…but looks like the first batch of worlds are offline. I had a single beacon with a world control in it and I’m not seeing the world control as something I can get from reclaim storage.

If worlds are locked and beacons don’t expire then this is fine but I thought the beacons were being forced to be reclaimed?

Still not overly worried since I think Luca wrote that the reclamation process can take up to a day?

I’ll check back on it tomorrow.

The Worlds are still Locked and haven’t been shut down yet.

6 Likes

Hey!
I think World Control minting value is listed too high with current input materials.

If somebody is interested right now it is listed for 3 coins per control(4.2 with coils). mass craft recipe I: 54 stone, 18 gleam O: 25 control and craft time being 4m10s on table.

8 Likes

Yes completely agreed. This is asking for spark/gleam doors all over again.

1 Like

I was wondering about the naming of the planets.
Such as any restrictions besides the normal coc rules regarding in game text.

I want to know if i can name a planet an emoji sign possibly?

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned or said, i tried doing a search and re-reading the post and did not find anything regarding this.

2 Likes

Emojis are allowed in naming for GC members.

(Assuming you can get past our over-enthusiastic profanity filter.)

14 Likes

Thanks, amazing work on this update guys.

3 Likes

How Do Biomes Work or is that Random or can you get a Biome from the Boundless Trailer lol

Each world type has its own profile: resources available, atmosphere type, color palettes and most likely also prefabs and biomes (judging by how certain terrain types repeat on the same type worlds).

So, if you like a biome you have seen somewhere, make sure you know what type of world it appeared on and go for the same type of sovereign world. You will have a chance to get that biome then.

I think it’s the closest to customizing you can get at this moment - just give yourself a chance of colors or biomes you want by picking right world type (profile).

1 Like