Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Next test batch out yet?

I wished…

1 Like

Can you select the color of the creatures? Or from what are they derived?

And can you control the atmosphere color or could it happen that you’re stuck with something as ugly as Besevronas atmosphere?

2 Likes

I can’t find the specific comment but James said the details on pricing will be available in the future when they figure it out more. But at the moment pricing isn’t public information.

Wow amazing addition

3 Likes

looks good def visiting there

@Stretchious can you blacklist me from your testing planet? Curious if I can still get there after you cleared the plots, even though blacklisted since I once had plots on the planet… as a test.

I still can’t finalize my world. Color changes need to take effect AFTER they are ALL selected instead of as soon as 1 is picked. That’s what keeps locking the world up. (Godz forbid you click the wrong box.)
I did a little running around while waiting for the world control to unlock. Ice biome with the gleam trees and mushrooms. Blech. So far, I would not want to rent this planet.
34 regions. I have found 8. Still only the one gleam area. Some interesting rock formations. The saving grace so far is it doesn’t have the “holes for no good reason” all over the surface so far. It does have a region full of floating rock though.

Finally finished.
World is fully mapped.
There are no ancient wood or tangle on this world, but still had the options for color. (To answer the question asked.) There appear to be 5 biomes total that are replicated, and this world is a ton of water. Almost all of the map points to fill the atlas required swimming.
This would be a good world for roadrunners. There is one area with a giant well where they could spawn and be trapped.
Also good for those that like sponge.
Hopefully when this goes live we can choose the biomes, or at least choose a couple to exclude.
World is open to explore.

Main question. If I made my own world in the editor, can I rent it? Of course blocks colours may be random selected.

Not at the moment.

1 Like

When he blacklisted me I could visit as long as I had active plots. And I could build in already placed plots. I could not add plots or beacons. Once the beacons were reclaimed I could not visit at all until the blacklist was removed. I also got bumped from the planet to sanctum as I was on the planet when he blacklisted me.

7 Likes

Hey @Soju-VB - as @Kal-El says above, we have tested this one, but I have blacklisted you as well. More testing is always worthwhile!

We’ll need to meet up to unblacklist you though as it removes all trace of you from visiting my world after I leave the World Control GUI

@james I dont like tagging the devs because I know you guys get tagged a lot but i believe this is important. We know some people are planning to move their permanent big bases to thwir own sovereign planets. Lacking the free warp back home is an annoying thing since you have to waste time and find your way back or pay a potentially hefty sum to warp back.

Suggestion: Enable users to have an additional home destination. Whether this adds with each sovereign planet they rent or if its capped at 2 (one home warp to a permanent planet and one to a rental) is up to you guys. This way they can always warp back to a permanent planet in case their sovereign planet gets locked.

For those arguing about pay to win, this is a very marginal benefit imo because anyway people’s real base is 1 place most of the time so they will be frequently going there. The other warp is mostly a safety measure.

I believe this free warp home thing may break the deal for some people. As someone who wants the game (and the soverign planets update) to succeed, these were my 2 cents :smiley: .

18 Likes

Please please PLEASE PLEASE yes. Could even set a requirement for having one home set on a public world before setting your second home on a sovereign world. But YES please do this.

4 Likes

Also @james/@Leahlemoncakes (and I apologize because like @RedY3 I dislike tagging you all unless I feel it is necessary) are there plans for a later phase of testing where we can look at the UI used to choose biomes or whatnot that @rossstephens kind of alluded to? Or is the entire process planned to be manual-only even when pushed live?

2 Likes

This may be funny but when i am farming or building at one extreme of my house, almost always i warp back to the center of my home haha. And its only 15 plots to the center of the house - not a dozen portals from some far away world.

1 Like

If there is this a lot of concern about this being p2w, then make it so the public universe home only offers a free warp as a home beacon when there is no Sovereign planet home beacon. Make it a backup just like you stated.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about the same thing. this would be a very welcome addition

3 Likes

Or limit the “backup free home warp” to 5k or 10k prestige. Cant have a 10k prestige base. Although its too trivial of an advantage to limit someone over it imo.