Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

you could have 2 Homes, but only 1 active at any time. if rental goes offline, the Live home auto activates. this gives you 0 advantage. there. solved :slight_smile:

8 Likes

To be honest, a “fallback” home location may be beneficial to the whole userbase. If a world is offline for any reason, it may be difficult for someone to get to another world (especially if they only have locations saved much further away).

To prevent spoofing the server being offline (by blocking it’s IP on your router) and having exploitable free warps, you could just make the fallback overwrite the primary home location as soon as the primary is unavailable. That way you would have to travel back to the original home to reenable it.

12 Likes

I like that there would be something like this. Two free warp points would generally still help as it is anyway easy already now to “bank” warps on buildings and open those when needed.

If two homes is too much maybe allow decide home planet on permanent world and allow warp free to its capital even if home beacon has set in Sovereign planet. Testing anyway has now warping UI updated so worlds tab is already there :slight_smile:

I think this is also a great idea.

I was thinking that if you wanted to, you could make the 2nd or 1st (depends on how you look at it) location the very 1st place your character “Landed” on a planet when you started the game. Assuming you have this info saved somewhere in the servers. That way in case you deleted the home spot on the permanent planet you would still have a location to go to.

1 Like

No Please do not send me back to Beckon!!!

edit: Actually I am not sure if this is good or not. The original location Ianded on is not near where my builds are now. I have nothing on Beckon (that rain soaked purgatory) Also what if someone else has built there? Should I appear in the middle of someone else’s build? What if they have a lava lake where I first landed?

2 Likes

At least you would be safe!

ommmmmg finally!!! weeee!!! Can’t wait

3 Likes

All good questions. I used this as an example because it normally would be a safe location. The fact that it is far away from your potential base is what I would call the trade off for putting you Home beacon on a Rental world.

My other thought is we could pick any Tier 1 planet and have one spot on it, away from any builds and have it be the Safe Home Spot for everyone in the game. Same place for everyone.

There will always be an issue with where you make it I am just trying to come up with the easiest place that does not require 100’s of 2nd Home warp places.

I would think if it has to be somewhere you have a beacon then you should be safe. If you choose to have the beacon be remote then so be it. I do understand you are trying to find a way to make this work without a lot of changes to the game mechanics.

Has anyone obtained a T5-6 level private world? If so can you post resource tab screenshots? Would be interesting to see how the resource percentage is looking.

Nope, T4s were the only batch released so far I believe.

1 Like

Scan the sky’s for jeffropia the swellest planet in the multivers. Actually not a planet I would pay for. But there are these cool ruined spires and the silk mustard gleam looks nice.

4 Likes

This doesn’t answer your question, but this is what mine has:

3 Likes

When we rent a planet whit Real Money then must be allowed all 255 colors.
Why should i buy a planet and have not the Control over all colors?
I buy and can controll all colors its very Easy .

When the make rent a planet whit cubits then is ok for me when not all colors, nur when i give Real Money then i will coice all 255 colors .

All Player can coming and farming the stuff, so the most Happy

6 Likes

You don’t even need two homes, the issue is that you can get stuck if your home was on a rental and it’s not available AND there are no other locations or people to warp to.

Solution is simple, make the initial landing warp point undeletable, or lock the landing planet in the worlds list. Now you can’t remove a world from that list if you have a beacon there, also don’t allow to remove it if it was your initial landing world.

This means that they can allow you to have a rental planet home beacon…

1 Like

I’d love $5 mini worlds with a 10 player server cap. Maybe only 4 regions on the world.

3 Likes

But people are going to forget to pay for their rental, and the planet will become inaccessible.

1 Like

I think Aenea meant lock your first location from character creation warping. They’d still have to make this cost 0 though in case someone deposited all their coins into a basket or was just super poor or something.

I think having 2 warps, 1 that MUST go to a public world and 1 for a rental, seems easier.

2 Likes

Yes and if you have another location to warp to that is not going to be an issue. So if the game makes sure there is always one location to warp to…

We can’t set home to be on a rental because it is possible that someone gets stuck with no where to go if the rental is not available. 99.9% of people will have other beacons, locations, worlds or friends to warp to. This is just for the very few that have no where to warp to.

¿The quality of connection and gameplay provided by the game so far, will be affected by the arrival of many sovereign worlds, whether public or private?

One of the things that keeps me most in the game is the quality of connection, practically never failure