Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

worked well for me too
(changed all colors, finalized)

• when I change gleam color too quickly, some chunks/ columns keep the previous lighting color (didn’t test thoroughly, gleam bits too sparse)
2 Likes

Hey @james will we be able to get creative worlds for people that just want to build with all the colors? So many want all 255 colors. I personally am fine with current situation.

Took the opportunity with the color reset to try changing all of my world’s colors…into something as Barbie-ish as I could, just for @bucfanpaka :grin:

World control didn’t get stuck and all seems well here on Akatoolaranorumil (yeah, try saying that 10 times fast)!

12 Likes

WANT!! Hehe, perfect!! :heart_eyes: :smile: Thanks!!

1 Like

This is more Very Berry and makes me want to make a cake. That one on the right looks like a multi layered cake.

5 Likes

I want that world too, paka pls share :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I’m going to have at least one pink/purplish planet, you can come visit all you want :3

2 Likes

why should we grind if can just buy a planet and get free plots, I think plots should be earned or brought, there is no need to give people plots just because we get a rental worl for ourselves. if anyone want unlimited plots they can just make it private :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Changing the colors now works fine for me too - great system :+1:
It is not the color palette I had in mind, but this is sufficient for testing now :wink:

As mentioned before, the color of the bolder-meshes cannot be changed and will remain default!

I almost changed the color of my gleam to NightAzure…
… but I didn’t :sunglasses:

[Orelio Testing] is currently open to visit and plotting for everyone.
You may visit - explore this world from Havran-I :boundless:

5 Likes

Usually in other games, when you obtain land/clubs/clans/guilds/servers, it comes with the ability to immediately use all of what you paid for. What is the point of renting a planet, if people can’t start building right away?
Nevermind. That’s silly. :thinking::unamused:

5 Likes

I tried to go as garish as I possible could :joy:

Sometimes the area looks good at night… just not during the day! Highly recommend to anyone changing the colour palette to test both during the day and night cycles!

10 Likes

Where is the “bleeding out of my eyes” emoji? Can’t seem to find it…you know…because of the bleeding eyes thing. :rofl:

While I would not mind it myself to get the plots I also think depends on the game, for boundless there is alot of grinding to do to get things you want like colors and plots, so to give people plots kinda ruins that I think or maybe it is just because I have played since beta :thinking:

Once more unlimited plots would be nice I can get some huge builds done I really want! <3

2 Likes

Maybe you did not try to lower the connection quality, in configuration-connection-minimum quality (-1Mb) it is fluid, the bad thing it takes to load the terrain, but it is the least

I love MMORPGs (hence I’m a sucker for meaningful grind lol)…so I def get everyone’s point about gaining XP for things.

I would just love to see all of the content creators that love to make huge amazing builds and stream them or hold events/parties… be able to do so on rental planets. I say let them have all of the land/air space on their rentals to build anything they desire. (I do understand the need for non-owners to use beacons and plots so that the owner retains some control of their rental. )

If you do activities on your planet, you would gain XP. Even if they decide not to give all the plots to the owner, they could bypass the grind by buying lots of cubits.

6 Likes

I can also see both side to Yes/No and I do think people might stick to the game longer knowing that the option of the rental worlds, also alot of people might come back if it happens and I do think it would help the game to get new player, the old generation might not like it so much, cause why did they do all the grinding for nothing ;D

1 Like

You still have to grind for skills at least until you max out 5 skill sets.

2 Likes

I spent the first year of the game’s release mainly farming levels. If they came out with the ability for rental planet owners to plot whatever they want on their planet, it doesn’t negate my sense of accomplishment. I am intrinsically motivated.

To say it simply, I would not feel upset or cheated if others got to enjoy the game more. I’m all for a new player being able to come in with their friends, spend two months building a 60k plot build on a rented planet, and post videos of it up online or allow others to come view it. We have some great builders in game, but we don’t really have much to show for it. Too many get burned out or disheartened by the plot and coin grind.

12 Likes

This is a good way of putting things that has kind of changed my perspective.

I’m a really competitive person IRL and Boundless has been hard for me because I feel like I cannot compete with the folks who don’t work or who can spend in the double digits, hour wise, on builds or grinding for things. That’s why I plan to whitelist my own little universe when this goes live.

But the competition in me was at first like “No, don’t give renters more plots just for renting! That’s not fair to EA folks!”. But that’s stupid, individualistic, and egotistical. It has no real impact on me and if it lets others have more fun with their friends why am I subconsciously so against that? Rhetorical question with a simple answer. I shouldn’t be.

16 Likes

I’m incredibly competitive as well but with a full-time job, a full-time family, and taking a full complement of college courses, I had to step back and change the way I looked at gaming about a year ago. I can’t compete with folks who can spend 3-5x or more than I can playing the game. I’ve had to stop playing most of the other games I enjoyed since I only played them for the pvp aspects. Luckily, boundless has become more enjoyable since I stopped really caring about the perceived competition and started to focus on the social aspects and the projects I find fun.

I still catch myself jumping to initial reactions, but I usually rewrite most of my posts half a dozen times anyways. By the time I actually post its nothing like my initial reaction. While entertaining to some and great for the :popcorn: sales, my initial reactions aren’t usually received well with my blunt nature lol.

11 Likes