Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Might be due to my competitive nature that I want [private] creative worlds as @Goblinounours was describing. When I’m impressed by a build, it’s the build alone. Not the rarity of mats, not the difficulty of hanging from a grapple to chisel, not the ability to work within the available-color restraints.

After 2.5 years of playing, I have yet to feel that any of my builds show my full potential. I start with an exciting vision and lose a lot of steam over the course of building due to mat availability and the inability to fly.

For this reason, I hope we eventually get some kind of creative world that can be accessed in live.

6 Likes

@james Regarding the point about planets being assigned to users rather than characters, will our PC and PS4 characters all be included? I’ve always wished gleam club included both, not just because we currently have to pay twice but also have to manage the account on both sides. I understand why it is how it is though- we can blame Sony.

And will our account name show up on our planet? I’d really like to change mine if that’s the case, and if you could help with that. It’s a stupid name with a bad word that I switched out letters for numbers to make. Didn’t know at the time this would become my favorite game ever…

Has anyone tried to buy something from a shop stand on a player planet where they have permissions to access, but not build?

Has anyone been able to change the color of the sunset? Is that something active for change right now?

Screenshot_20200706-200600

1 Like

I don’t believe it does - for all intents and purposes the worlds just show the same information as any other… world name, viceroy etc.

I’ve not tried it yet - defo worth trying though! Also worth trying to buy from/sell to a shop stand where a player had “Can Claim” permissions, but no longer does.

2 Likes

the “can claim” permission literally only stops you from claiming new plots (including placing a campfire since that automatically claims plots), otherwise there is no interaction with any systems at all, can even still refuel existing beacons you have.

4 Likes

One thing about plots for sovereign worlds that I haven’t seen mentioned(could have missed it). Why not just mirror your current plots count to “sovereign plots” and any time you buy(earn) more plots it counts on both. So sure John Smith might end up with 15k plots for his rented world and I’ll only have 5k but we both put in our work already for those. And we won’t have to destroy our builds on live to get more plots to use on our rented worlds(or someone else’s rented planet)

2 Likes

The discussion is going strong over there on this exact topic.

Yes I know I’ve made comments on that topic too. Tho I haven’t read about 50 of the posts on there since this afternoon. But hadn’t see someone mention what I just did on this post.

1 Like

Adding this here from what I suggested from other topic.

an allowance of plots such as 500-1000 sounds like something that would be a good idea to come with your purchased planet. Depending if there will be different size packages.

Such as:
Small planet - 250 plots
Medium planet- 500 plots
Large planet - 1000 plots

If planet expires then those plots are returned to the game until planet is then paid for again like a bank of private planet plots connected to that world. The free plots can only be used on the private planet. Though can still also use regular cubit purchased plots on private planets as well.

In addition each month you receive an additional allowance of the equal amount of plots as an incentive to keep the planet alive month by month.

2 Likes

Hello @james @Leahlemoncakes

Character Name: Neostone
Planet: Twitch: Neostone_TV

I have a massive problem on my planet, my character is stuck in the ground when I try to run. When I jump it is briefly again for 1 minute. The old portal is shown to me, but it no longer exists. When I walk through the portal, I am thrown back and I am invisible for 1 second.

(upload://xS9xpUAdE45qBTGvVE9tzzdgkd9.jpeg)

Edit:
It seems like all the walls i have built are still there but invisible.

All Plots are still there.

Should i try to build a beacon and world control?

The lighting colour is tied to the atmosphere of a world, so if you pick something like a coal world you will get a yellow/orange sun, Chill worlds are blue etc

4 Likes

That makes sense, especially for a first iteration. Is this an option you’d like to add in the future, or are you guys of the consensus that you’d prefer to keep sovereign planets’ palettes and atmospherics themed to match the public planets like this in the future too?

Tagging @lucadeltodecso and @vdragon

Are you able to help Neostone please?

This is a known issue and should be fixed in the next update expected today.

1 Like

Ok thank you.

But this image does tell us that we can change the colour of the sunset, is that a different thing or is that the same?

I do understand this is something for the next iteration of Sovereign Worlds but I’m curious :slight_smile:

Also Ross, do you have any idea if we can ask for certain biomes in the first release? Can we provide a world profile for instance? If so it might be handy to know so some of us can try to fiddle around with the World Builder!

2 Likes

I would like to know this too.

1 Like

I’d like to know this too.

1 Like

How rental world will work with its owner beacon fuel time ?

Does the planet owner will have to refill fuel for his own beacon or it will be unlimited time until the rental world goes locked ?

3 Likes