Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Some of the new emoji:

26 Likes

Whoa those new emojis are awesome!

6 Likes

Ok i see, but if they use the current algorythm i dont know if we will see many new colors if we can’t pick new colors.

It is a bit of a bummer for me, i see they do no want to make exoworlds completely useless color wise.

I just hope they reworked a bit that algorithm with the new feature.

Is the World Control a place able block lol it won’t do nothing yeaaa but it look kool for builds lol

Well there are only 255 colors possible for any resource. So if you get a planet with gleam the chances are 1 in 255. Not a given that it will show, but not quite as bad as the meg-millions lottery either. (which is 302,575,350 to 1)

2 Likes

I think he mean there is no drop untill the world control is setup.

4 Likes

Are any private planets up yet?

Yes, seems so

1 Like

During the early phase of choosing colours I believe there are no drops from anything. Once you finalise it it should work as normal…

2 Likes

Not yet from what I can see. They might be working on it. Maybe they have to be done manually, to a degree?

Yeah I’m wondering too…

Also wondering how it will work once it releases to Live, they will lose days to create all the rental worlds we want initially! :slight_smile:

I guess that is the question to ask. On a rental lush, can I get any color of sedimentary rock or is the system going to try and stick with “earthlike” colors? If it is going to stick to the same boring algorithm then I would agree we will see fewer new colors

This is just Testing so far tho, so they are still WS’s :wink:

Haha, semantics done, I dunno if anyone already has gotten a Sovereign World yet on Testing…

I’m on the roof on my base in Dalan waiting :smiley:

Probably good time for some food…

1 Like

Dalan??? Wut

I am on Havran watching Dalan and I think I see the first private planet!!!

Ummm that might need a little more work. .

7 Likes

It sounds like the system will randomly add colors to each fresh planet, and those colors will then become available to all. So, slowly the color scarcity MAY decrease.

Honestly this is the most important part of the update.

6 Likes

So then we wouldn’t have already had exo’s with the same colors of gleam as normal planets, or even repeats of other exo’s, and thus already had black gleam available, correct?

Testing???

Testing!!!

A few things i would like to know.

Do we have control over atmosphere:
-color
-type
-strength (probably tied to T lvl)

World “rotation” (As in day/night cycle);

• Can this be stopped or no rotation at all? Half of the world day the other half night?
  • a completely dark/light world?

Mobs (probably bound to T lvl).

• can we up the spawning or completely stop it?
  • make a preference to hoppers only (for example)?
  • (im viewing this more as in esthetic in this case more like filling for a world and not a farm resource.)

Still thinking but im viewing this from “possible build” perspectives.

Might think of a few more :wink: really like to know atmosphere and rotation (of the world) points.

4 Likes