Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

Nope, rather have it now. I can play through bugs :smile:. Lol I guess it makes sense to give it more time though

1 Like

Bugs could be things like everybodyā€™s stuff getting accidentally reclaimed.

Or worse.

Let the devs take the time they need. I trust @james

Still, Iā€™m so excited!

1 Like

Nothin a little server rollback wonā€™t fix lol

And what about the good bugs? Every initial color on each rental could be new. We could have every color in a matter of minutes! :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I think he was moreso wanting a way to check in on his civilians to ensure they are following protocol.

For the sake of example letā€™s say he implemented a no roads policy and medieval theme. Someone comes on, ventures off into the distance, and starts building a futuristic town with roads everywhere. Heā€™d like to quash that issue before it develops past a few days / a weeks worth of work.

Maybe in the controller their could be a list of all beacons sortable by age, prestige, or distance from current location. From there you can set as destination or add to places list so you can nexus and warp there for 100c.

2 Likes

I agree they need to take their time, not rushing and having to turn around and fix everything.

Without input from the devs though we have no idea about the state of things. The last testing update barely fixed anything. Is this because there was barely anything left to fix or because they had those things done and just wanted to push it in while working on the other stuff?

Who knows??

No seriously, someone tell me, I think weā€™re all dying to hear about the state of things :joy:

4 Likes

Iā€™m with you on this, I havenā€™t been around very long but Iā€™d like to know what they are working on for the future, I believe it would excited people.

I think when we here about pricing and the process to actually rent a planet is when we will know the release is imminent. Until then they could be working on refining the process to rent a planet. Did they get more requests to test than they thought they would? Is there more interest than they expected? If so maybe they need the process to be as automated as possible.

3 Likes

Dangā€¦Iā€™ve missed alot!!! This looks AMAZING!!

2 Likes

anyways, letā€™s go through the 3rd batch of worlds first, and then we will see

2 Likes

My luck Iā€™ll be in the third batch and itā€™ll be during my 3 work days(12hr shifts)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Lol I mean yes, but also the state of this particular test 245/release 246. I thought weā€™d heard last week that thereā€™d be news this weekā€¦

1 Like

But seriously, it would probably help at least if the devs told us some particular things to do, to try to break the testing version. We want to help!

1 Like

Exactly, i havenā€™t seen anyone talking about any issues. If everything looks good I see no reason not to release it. You can test all you want but we wonā€™t really know for sure until it hits live. But regardless of what we want they wonā€™t release it til they feel like itā€™s ready.

4 Likes

Gondor said he still has some ideas for ways to break it

Also, it would probably be good if 10+ testers can try to create their worlds at exactly the same time (coordinate on discord voice chat). See if thereā€™s a bottleneck there

I also want to try turning visitors on and off and on and off rapid fire while a bunch of ppl try to run through the portal.

Yea thereā€™s definitely a lot of ā€œstress testingā€ related things that need to be done still

Well the stress testing on the test server will never reach as stressful as live since thereā€™s not a lot of test people

3 Likes

yeah, somethings are just hard to replicate easily on a test server.
the compactness proved that with a great city reclaim taking down the planet it was on (very irresponsible for whoever did that on day of releaseā€¦)

3 Likes

I think it is still good to see few expired cycles with planets that everything works right. I had planet on this 2nd cycle and havenā€™t jump in now that those are expired or locked.

I hope that color selection would also get undo/cancel button. After entering selecting colors and accidentally resetting those to default ones it could be long process to select colors again what was picked earlier.