Testing 245: Sovereign Worlds!

This ^ if you want a specific color wait it out then. But otherwise the way it’s implemented is perfect without breaking the entire economy. If everyone could choose custom colors from all colors everyone would choose black gleam or other “rare” colors. I know some people are against color rarity in this game but this is a way to get even more colors in the game while “slightly” preserving color rarity so people can’t just go choosing what they want all Willy-nilly

4 Likes

i want mine hooked to all the major portal networks.

keep in mind that the color palettes available for sovereign worlds are not the exo ones

so…

even though we can get colors within those palettes that are not yet present on regular public worlds, sure we won’t be getting ANY of the 255 colors

so I assume from what devs said so far

the PM was in the forums or in game

So if a planet with black gleam does spawn, does that break the economy?

1 Like

forums pm system

1 Like

We have gotten new colours when Trung and Dzassak spawned, same for when Flan, Norkyna, Malu and Kol Huroo spawned.

Am sure we will be getting plenty of new colours through this!

I do hope @james you guys can find a way so we can change colours after we’ve already had the planet for a while otherwise lots of people might sit around waiting which would be a crying shame!

Perhaps a new Cubits item that allows you to edit the palette of your rental once?

3 Likes

please release the testing :pleading_face:

1 Like

Actually they have not said this at all. All they have said is that you can pick any color that has appeared in the current universe excluding colors that have only appeared on exo’s. Now this might be true, and it it is this is definitely something that James needs to let those who are even thinking about rentals know.

1 Like

I don’t think it does no. If it spawns and then people can choose black gleam for their planet that’s not game breaking. If you can choose to have all black everything and make your entire planet filled with new colors then that’s economy breaking in my opinion. But if it’s randomly spawned according to their algorithm and people after that can use black gleam then it’s fair and the price of black gleam will come down accordingly and become more available. But I don’t want every single never before seen color to become available immediately because someone chose to buy a bunch of planets just to spawn the new colors. This keeps it slightly random so we get new colors on a rolling basis rather than just every single new color at once

Testing has been released a few hours ago?

1 Like

I think they might be right:

After placing the World Control they will be asked to set up the Worlds block-colours, with changes causing a re-mesh of the world to see the effect. Block colours are restricted to whatever colours are available throughout the public and private universe excluding Exoworlds. Player worlds will be given a default generated palette which may contain new colours not seen in the rest of the universe, and these new colours are also then available for successive player worlds to choose from also preventing excessive monopolisation.

That sounds like new colors to me, new palette? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

lol i mean to live @AeneaGames

Patience young padawan, patience!

If all goes well it might be a week I suppose??

2 Likes

It sounds like you can change the colors on your private planet at will, using any newly available colors.

Even after building there?

No since from then on everyone can select black gleam for a new rental planet!

Again, I hope they add the possibility of changing the palette afterwards too, perhaps with a new Cubits item so it won’t be done too often…

5 Likes

Why? If I pick a color that is not in the universe then anyone can pick it or not pick it. Just like if black gleam spawns naturally. Just because a player gets black gleam does not mean every other renter is going to ask for black gleam. They can get any color they want that is the point.

And lets play out your scenario. If someone rents 100 planets for 3 months or 20 players rent 5 planets each. are we not subject to getting a lot of new colors quickly?

1 Like

Hopefully. I did @ james on this one since it sounds like it causes the world to have to regenerate and it might kick people off for a while or something.

But still :crossed_fingers:

This would save a lot of people holding back waiting for someone else to generate colors for them.

Hush :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Way to make a Friday even more epic!!!

1 Like

I worry about this. If you or anyone else has built using these blocks. . what happens to them when the world palette changes? Should they not also change? Would they not have to change based on the little we know about how colors are assigned?