Testing 246: Creative Worlds!

Would we be able to learn forging on creative?
I normally practice forging on test before I try forging on live.

3 Likes

I think it would be slightly different as you never run out of ingredients in the deck and you are effectively only doing 1 item at a time… I think practicing on Testing is more comparable to Live.

2 Likes

If you play with computer you can practice forging on prototype creative or then use this site. It is most fast way to try things out :slight_smile:

Well a lot of things on the game seem like impossible to miss or not understand, yet we have a lot of people missing them.

4 Likes

I always felt testing favored forging RNG.

1 Like

At the moment its just on or off, and its quite fast when “running” … it does not seem like it when flying high above the terrain but at ground level, zoom zoom zoom.

Edit: completing the atlas only took a few minutes :wink:

Looking at velocity in the debug, it appears normal max run speed with all skills is 10ish, then if you add mega speed brew it goes up to 15ish. Flight velocity is around 40.

4 Likes

Max height for flight is 510 apparently, but build height limit still at 255.

4 Likes

Not a huge deal, but the draw distance for me is a bit slow when initially visiting a creative planet and flying. Just have to give it time to load.

These look quite nice at night:

I noticed that if you have buffs on in a permanent world, then you go to a creative world, the buffs stay on. Then later after the buffs had worn off I went back to the sanctum, and they were restored. I went to another creative world and got to run down the timers from the same buffs again.

8 Likes

What are those?

Oortstone seam blocks :+1:
In the Live Universe these would give you Rough Oortstone :smiley:

I don’t want to learn to forge so for me it is a downside to not have forged tools available in creative.

2 Likes

An observation on storage in creative.

When you place an item in storage, it moves the entire stack.

When you retrieve an item from storage it moves the entire stack.

You do not have the ability to move a specific number of items into or out of inventory.

If you are trying to forge tools and then share them, you cannot do that. You may have created an infinite stack of a forged hammer, but I cannot find a way to give some to another player and still have one for myself.

3 Likes

What I’m thinking is that probably there are too many combination of boons to be added as a pickup item at least right now.

It would be interesting to see which kind of tools are need in creative too see what multiple people see as the required creative tools

I think you will need the following at a minimum

1 - AOE Hammers, Shovels and Axes for clearing
2 - Transformation Chisels
3 - Lattice Chisels
4 - Regen bombs to fix mistakes
5 - Grapples if you turn off flying.

1 Like

auto door too!

2 Likes

Do meteors exist on creative?

Meteors do exist in creative. At least so far.

Do you have infinite energy??
Do blocks break on one hit?

Can we request copies of the EA planets for our sovereign or creative world? (Solum, therka, epsilo, etc?)